some quick help

mikehibbert / 2010-08-20 17:51:06   

HI, sorry for the naïf queries, but i am trying to customise my page

I would like an effect similar to this

http://www.mashamel.com/

for title and vertical margin between exhibitions names

here are the questions

- where do i change the exhibitions titles margins ( i can change the rest, i played with titles and sections...but no luck with the exhibitions....)

- how do i get the main title to look like that (do i have to change the font or there is a font style options ((beside size) that i need to know?..(i know i have to do it via h1- h2 etc..but which settings

last question

-how do you create subsections? (like an higher degree of hierarchy in the structure?) (for example you click on the section, ant the various exhibitions appears as images on the side…and then u select one image and the slideshow for that project starts….)

thanks

LL

rickykappa / 2010-08-21 07:27:44   

some quick answers:
- read the forum rules > no url?
- read the red useful threads on top of forum > most of your questions are simple css issues, lot of info there
- subsections and/or links as images (more difficult task) > use the search box on top of forum with proper keywords (i.e. visual index)

mikehibbert / 2010-08-21 10:41:36   

Thanks for the prompt answer,

- link attached (work in progress) www.ludovico-lombardi.com

-i did, but i couldn't find the part related to the CSS queries i was looking for...probably bc they r quite straight forward/simple answer...any chance to get a clear indications of what to change n my CSS? i tried titles, sections etc, but no luck...i know those questions might sounds quite retarded, but as a beginner i am loosing 5 days on this already...

- subsections, i will look into this, thx

LL

mikehibbert / 2010-08-21 10:44:20   

any chance to know why my name appears as mikehibbert???

mikehibbert / 2010-08-21 11:00:43   

HI Rickykappa,

the visual index effect is something like the on you have in your project section (at least reading the threads of previous posts.

any chance that plugin will be available?

thanks

LL

mikehibbert / 2010-08-21 11:09:14   

the link previously posted should be working shortly....provider is having trouble..so if it links to a flash based page please try again later....thx

rickykappa / 2010-08-21 22:27:40   
-i did, but i couldn't find the part related to the CSS queries i was looking for
what exactly are you looking for and/or trying to do? have you got an example?
mikehibbert / 2010-08-22 20:06:16   

Hi, sorry but was busy playing around and didn't c your reply...

here we go

ww.ludovico-lombardi.com

the expanding menu works, but was trying to get the option to make it automatically close a section if clicked on another one.....i have seen some info in the expanding menu post, but could not male it work it....any idea (possibly step by step) on how to do that?

also , i wanted to combine the visual index option, but again it does not seem to work....i have copied the plugin from auric (from the previous post) ,and i m copying in the exhibit text editor the relevant part indicated in the forum..but nothing happen....
thanks

if you look at my site.....basically if oyu click on product design...the various titles appears in the expanded menu....what i would like to do is that when i click on hte section, all exhibit are presented also a visual index ..so that you can either click on the image directly or on the name in the menu....

(more or less like your gallery section..)

thx

LL

rickykappa / 2010-08-23 07:39:57   

hi, the expanding menu automatically close is a good keyword to use in the search box on top of forum. personally I'm not using that option but many others asked and solved it previously, so you can surely get that info.

the visual index... well, that's another hot issue around the forum: if you've read the related threads you'll know that there are a few solutions - but I've tried and rejected many of them for various reasons.
I can't remember now the one you mention - I ended up using a customization of an exhibit-plugin who was posted by vaska himself in a post that was public only a few houres before being deleted.
therefore I've never felt I was allowed to share it, which I would be willing to do as so many asked for it.
And I have asked myself to make it shareble again but never had a positive answer, maybe because my request wasn't read or maybe because it wasn't considered, I don't really know...
I might work it out in the next future, hope so, try to check the forum back from time to time
;-)

lemathieu A / 2010-08-23 08:08:57   

@ Ricky : you are considered here ;)
And the visual index is in the next version. Wait a bit !

rickykappa / 2010-08-23 09:35:01   

hi mathieu - thanx for reading & answering...
I know that in the next version there will be the visual index, but this next future is not yet here and I see every day people looking for it in my website (my top referrer).
I'm just a bit sorry for not sharing...
;-)

mikehibbert / 2010-08-23 16:15:29   

thansk to both,

will wait for it then.

thx

LL

This thread has been closed, thank you.