Flickr Video Customization

Yuan / 2010-08-24 20:53:24   

Hello,

Does anyone know how I can embed a Flickr video without the Flickr info & Flickr link showing up at the end of the video?

Is it possible? How can it be done? I simply do not want the unsightly Flickr info on my website, and I do not want visitors to go from my website to my Flickr site.

My website's URL is http://soohwayuan.com, and here is a video example.

Thank you very much in advance.

PS: for some reason I have not been able to show the video's HTML here...

Vaska A / 2010-08-24 21:28:21   

Perhaps asking folks on Flickr is the place to ask about this?

Yuan / 2010-08-25 01:24:31   

Thank you, Vaska. I see your point and please excuse me.

Thought I'd try here, imagining some Indexhibit users would find this helpful as well.

Vaska A / 2010-08-25 09:43:28   

I don't really see any way you can remove the info at the end of the video - it's embedded in the video as far as I can tell.

Flickr is pretty smart about things. About trying to make sure that a person gets credit for their work as best as it can (certainly people can download an image and not give people credit though - but that's pretty uncool). So, I see what Flickr is doing with the video as being just part of that strategy so that nobody can use your video without your name being on it as well.

Yuan / 2010-08-25 17:43:14   

That makes sense. Thank you very much for your input, Vaska.

I thought there might be a way since Flickr offers the option not to show the Flickr info/link at the beginning of the video.

So I hoped...

This thread has been closed, thank you.