And You

almost done

Indexhibit version: Legacy
Thread is not resolved.

fedepedrini
BELGIUM
4 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

It is time for feedback, as it is a while I am fiddling with my website: www.fedepedrini.info

What I am (almost) happy with:
1. layout
2. exhibit plugin (slight mod of the slideshow)
3. exhibit transition (changed from fade to slide, I managed to hack the latest jquery.cycle.all.js with the slide counter)

What I am still trying to do:
1. sort out custom scrolling for overflowing text I am looking into this: JscrollPane.js
2. fix a few css problems and clean css style
3. Well complete content insertion
(4). find out a way (plugin?) to flow text automatically into colums divs when there is just text

of course crits and comments are welcome.

fedepedrini
BELGIUM
4 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

update to bump this one up. I think most of the work is sufficiently clear now.
Problems: I cant figure an elegant way of scrolling inside my text are, so now the description text is overflowing. JscrollPane seems to be messing alot of things, so it will require more study.
IE6 and IE7 are not keeping my boxes compact and re shifting the container up, I dont really know why.

fedepedrini
BELGIUM
4 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

Well I found the problem with slideshow which is reported in the forum. I will go the Iwakami way I guess.
Nice solo conversation I am having here :)

btw, did I say Indexhibit is great?

fedepedrini
BELGIUM
4 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

well jscrollpane is implemented now. I also cleaned a series of css redundancies.
I would like to implement the columnizer but so far I dont manage to understand why a DIV is not created when I do not have images in the exhibit. Definitely something to do with my lack of knowledge of php
Comments are welcome please.

arsondpi
GREECE
4 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

depends what your query returns if there are no images in the exhibt...
In most plugins it is

1.     if (!$pages) return $s;

so... what did you define the variable $s as? (see lines before the one above)

fedepedrini
BELGIUM
4 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

thank you for pointing me to that.
I am trying to declare it txt, so it writes like:

1. $txt = $rs['content'];

the problem is that if no image is present the text gets directly into the container div which I dont know where to control.
I understand is a particular case (an exhibit with just text) but in any case I cant figure out how to incorporate this text inside of another div so I can assign the columnizer selectors... I guess this requires me a spare weekend.

fedepedrini
BELGIUM
4 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

ok I figured this out, so if I comment the if declaration the text get actually inserted in the exhibit. now I need to call the plugin... this is for tomorrow...

tanu
INDIA
4 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

hi fedepedrini,

is it possible for u to share your code and implementation of the jscrollpane.js.. i have gone nuts trying to implement it on my site .. www.wireframe.in

Showing 1 - 8 of 8 posts in Forum » Critique » almost done

This thread has been closed, thank you.