Prev Button not working.

tbachma / 2010-09-26 21:22:17   

Hey all.

Just started transitioning my site to indexhibit. I've hit a few snags but for the most part I was able to figure them out with time. There is one issue that I can't seem to figure out, and I'd really appreciate if someone could take a look at it.

In my slide show, the "prev" button isn't working properly. I have expanding menus and when you hit "prev" it expands the menu for some reason.

Next works fine.

Here's what I've tried so far.

-I've replaced the "slideshow.php" plugin incase something was screwy there. Same problem.

-Removed the expanding menu script from index.php. Previous button is not a link anymore. Next still works.

-Searched the forums.. didn't find anyone with this specific problem.

my website is www.ted-bachman.com (I gave indexhibit a shout-out in my about page)

I realize I probably did this somehow with my customizing, but I figured someone on here might have an idea..

Thanks-

rickykappa / 2010-09-26 22:38:40   

hi, don't know if this will fix the problem, but you have this in your html code:
$(document).ready(function()
{
    setTimeout('move_up()', 1);
});

$(document).ready(function() {
    expandingMenu(0);
    expandingMenu(1);

});

while you shouldn't replicate the code, you only need this:

$(document).ready(function() {
    expandingMenu(0);
    expandingMenu(1);

});

try that and if you're lucky everything will be ok
;-)

tbachma / 2010-09-27 00:03:43   

:/ no luck with that.. But at least I cleared out some duplicated code... but same problems.

Its weird some pages the "Prev" button isn't even a link. And others it will open the expanding menu.

I think I'm going to try clearing out everything that has to do with the expanding menus and try redoing it.

tbachma / 2010-09-27 00:22:26   

Actually.. that code above should be there according to the "step by step" guide I'm following

http://www.indexhibit.org/forum/thread/761/

"here goes....
this relates to the example i've giving above

step 1
in the Settings part of the admin panel, turn advanced mode on, and choose the theme 'sample'.

step 2
download the .js file from http://www.rosscairns.com/downloads/

step 3
put it into the folder on your website:
/ndzx-studio/site/js/

step 4
in the folder /ndzx-studio/site/sample/ edit the index.php file

step 5 in this file you should see something like:

beneath this add:

step 6 find the bit that says:

$(document).ready(function() { setTimeout('move_up()', 1); });

beneath the setTimeout line add expandingMenu(1); where the number is the menu you want to be collapsable (the 1st one being 0). so for example if you want the the 1st and 3rd menu to be collapseable it would look like this:

$(document).ready(function() { setTimeout('move_up()', 1); expandingMenu(0); expandingMenu(2); });

step 7
save it
that should be it. any questions just ask..."

tbachma / 2010-09-27 00:45:50   

Wait.. Sorry Ricky. You were correct. That code shouldn't be there.

I tried it all over again on a new theme and it works fine. Then I did the same things to my custom theme and still the "Prev" links to the expanding menu..

tbachma / 2010-09-27 01:09:23   

Okay I just went line through line of coding...

I found it the answer.

My Menu's width was actually crossing over into my content by just a little. It must have overlapped the "prev" button. So when I clicked it, I was actually clicking the link to the expanding menu. I just brought my width down and it works.

Okay.. I guess you can delete this post if you want.

rickykappa / 2010-09-27 07:31:27   

fine! cleaning code is always worth the effort...
;-)

This thread has been closed, thank you.