Jquery?

louiseduffy / 2010-11-12 16:03:35   

Hello,

I am wanting to make my background image fill the full screen of my website and have my 'menu' float in a box to the left of the screen.

To do this i believe i have to upload the full background plugin into my folders on cyberduck?

And i have to have a recent jquery download,...so anyway heres me question when i hit download on jquery site i get a page of code, what do i do with that code?

But anyone can help out with my overall goal that would be amazing cos I am new to indexhibit/code/websites in general!

Thanks,

Louise

louiseduffy / 2010-11-12 17:00:26   

here is a nice example of what im trying to do

http://www.fleetfoxes.com/

blameme / 2010-11-12 17:00:38   

Copy that code and replace the version of jquery you have in your folders on cyberduck, remember to back up first incase something breaks.

louiseduffy / 2010-11-12 17:17:56   

Hi thanks so much! i have done that so hopefully when i managed to figure the rest out it will work!

I dont suppose you would know which index.php is meant in this explanation in the full background plugin doc? I can see 2 index folders and i have opened neither have this information.

Open index.php of your theme. Before the of index.php, find this line

and replace it with these

Sorry for my ignorance!! Trying to learn this all as i go but sometimes i hit a wall!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Louise

louiseduffy / 2010-11-12 17:20:54   

oops that didnt seem to show what i had copied in ...

Open index.php of your theme. Before the index.php, find this line

louiseduffy / 2010-11-12 17:21:04   
louiseduffy / 2010-11-12 17:22:11   

um , okay so im guess it cant show that piece of code :S so without actaully seeing what im talking about, does anyone know what to do haha?

louiseduffy / 2010-11-12 18:03:12   

OKay i followed the background plugin instructions but it didnt work, although im not sure if this is the right plugin to achieve what i would like.

eg. www.fleetfoxes.com

Can anyone help me figure out what plugins im looking to use to create a full background and floating menu box?

Thanks again,

Louise

louiseduffy / 2010-11-12 19:27:46   

I have managed to get this far,

http://www.louiseduffy.com/

i just need to loose the white border, tried altering the menu box in index folder but didnt work. I know i am not explaining myself very well in those post and i apologise, i dont know tech speak, trying my best to pick up stuff and work through.

Thanks,

Louise

G470 / 2010-11-16 08:39:33   

??? the white borders on the top and bottom are in your background image. It´s no matter of code.

This thread has been closed, thank you.