Vertical Drop Down Menu

nebsrnoh / 2010-12-24 12:03:38   

Hello, I'm very new to customizing indexhibit and need some help with a menu feature. I want to create a drop down menu that functions the same as the one on this website: http://rachelniffenegger.com/. You'll see what I mean when archive is clicked, can anyone explain how to do this or point me to a thread that explains it? Thanks! The site I am working on is this one: www.dsheaphoto.net/newsite/

Oh yeah, also, Happy Holidays!

rickykappa / 2010-12-26 10:10:46   

if you use the search box on top of the forum page with keywords like:
expandable menu js by Ross Cairns
you'll get tons of threads...
;-)

nebsrnoh / 2010-12-26 15:16:40   

Thanks!

nebsrnoh / 2011-01-07 11:04:38   

Okay, now what I'm trying to do with my expanding menu on my site: www.dsheaphoto.net, is have "Blog 1" link to an external blog. Right now it is opening the blog as an iFrame, but I'd rather just have that text be a link. Can anyone tell me who to make this change, what file needs to be edited?

Thanks!

rickykappa / 2011-01-07 11:13:32   

hi, I've searched the forum with your keywords:
Blog 1" link to an external blog
see if it helps again
;-)

r4z0un0ur5 / 2011-01-08 08:12:34   

No spam please, thank you.

Edited by Vaska

jchaps / 2011-08-06 08:05:07   

Can anyone help me please?

I've used Ross Cairn's expanding menu plugin, which works, apart from the INFO section on my site.

It appears expanded and then retracts on a click, rather than the other way around. My other two sections work properly.

Does anyone know what the problem with this section is?

Thanks

jchaps.com

rickykappa / 2011-08-06 10:13:15   

erase these lines in your index.php
    expandingMenu(3);
    expandingMenu(4);
that should be enough to solve your problem
;-)

jchaps / 2011-08-06 10:49:01   

Thanks for your quick help, but I'm afraid that hasn't solved the problem.

rickykappa / 2011-08-06 11:32:47   

it does work, but your main page is under the info section, therefore when you enter your website the info section will be expanded.

jchaps / 2011-08-06 11:44:27   

Sorted now, thank you very much rickykappa.

The_OCD / 2013-12-11 00:35:30   

oh dear. been reading forums for a good hour or so but my question is apparently so retarded that no one has thought to answer or ask it. this seems to be the most relevant thread to my question so i'll post it here instead of starting a new one.

i understand what i need to do, i think, to make 2 menu items of my site (Hello, and About... menu sections of officeocd.com) active links instead of dropdown menus
these 2 exhibits have no dropdown exhibits, just text on the title/initial page that is currently not showing when i click on the link.

i need to erase the following lines of code from my index.php file
because they are the first two menus that i want to exclude from the expanding menu script. the rest of the expanding menus are fine the way they are.

1. expandingMenu(0);
  2. expandingMenu(1); 

but the burning question is... which index.php file?
there are several index.php files in several of the folders on my FTP. searched through all of them (i think, i'm very OC) and have not found the lines of script for which everyone but me seems to know the location.

could someone way smarter than me reveal the file path to the elusive index.php file?
i am using, by the way, the expander plugin written by Vaska based on Ross Cairn's original code, supposedly valid for Indexhibit vsn 9.0 and beyond.

don't judge me. i'm way better at dog whispering than i am html.

arsondpi / 2013-12-11 15:55:54   

This thread concerns the Legacy version of Indexhibit and not Version 2.
Things work differently on Version 2 and are much easier.
You haven't posted you url address of your site so I can't really tell which version are you using...

This thread has been closed, thank you.