Thickbox with a scrollbar?

JanHig / 2011-02-01 15:21:28   

Hi: My site: janenehiggins.com. I am designing an exhibit using the "Thickbox" exhibit format. I have uploaded dummies of the images using the Edit page, where you "Choose File" and "Upload". For "Image Max Size" I have "fullpx".

Here's my issue: the problem with Thickbox is that my three images are going to be larger than most browsers and extremely horizontal. So, when you click on the thumbnails and open them, the overall image is shrunk to fit on the screen. What I would love to do is keep the exhibit in the Thickbox format, but when the thumbnails are clicked-on, have the image open at its actual size and view it using a horizontal scroll. Is this possible?

I tried setting the exhibit up using "Slideshow", but it opens all three samples simultaneously. I prefer how Thickbox initially shows three thumbnails, and you watch whichever one you click on, then return to the thumbnail group; or, watch them consecutively, one at a time. P.S. Why does my page in Slideshow have "Prev | Next" on top? It doesn't seem to do anything. Have I set it up wrong?

I also tried using "Grow", but I don't like how you can have several of the thumbnails open at once. For the purposes of this exhibit, Thickbox works best for me. How can I keep the images at their actual size and scroll them?

I tried searching the database for this but didn't find a solution. Thanks in advance for any help.

wittyusername / 2011-04-17 23:03:45   

So, any updates on this topic in the last few months? I'm having the same problem on my site:

John R Chavez dot com

There are a few images under architecture --> Westwood Sculpture Center that I want to have zoomed in to be able to see some of the juicy details within.

I've run through a few disasterous experiments messing around with the jquery.thickbox.js file (as Vaska had explicitly stated NOT to do in a previous post) but my fundamental lack of skills is no match for this problem. Any easy solutions come up yet?

This thread has been closed, thank you.