Trying to Install Plugins/Edit CSS

nuff / 2011-05-18 09:49:48   

My Indexhibit: http://www.designbynuff.com/indexhibit/

Hi everyone,

I'm having a few issues making changes to my Indexhibit.

First off, I installed the horizontal plugin and FTP'd it into the site, but the option doesn't show up as a possible layout.

Then I grabbed the iframe plugin and tried to link it to a tumblr account. Again no result.

Finally, I tried to adjust padding values in the style.css file - again nothing.

All of this has got me thinking my FTP uploads might not be getting through, but if that's the case, how did the site get online?

Could it be that installing in a subfolder has messed everything up?

I've spent a day digging through the forums, and have found some very useful info. However, nothing I've tried seems to be working. I know there are a lot of questions to answer and I'm sorry to have to add another one. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

blameme / 2011-05-18 10:37:15   

1. go to setting and put yourself in advanced mode to get access to all you exhibition formats.

2. Iframe can be tricky, i thing people have had sucess with tumbler using some other methods, Search Tumblr in this forum for more.

3. Make sure you´re editing the correct .css file:
http://www.designbynuff.com/indexhibit/ndxz-studio/site/sample/style.css

4. Make sure to refresh your browser cache!!! ofen changes are made but you won´t see them until you refresh your cache.

nuff / 2011-05-18 11:32:46   

Thanks for the reply blameme!

1. I've been doing all of this in advanced mode - I can get all the other modes already, just not the one I've recently added.

2. Yeah, I've read through a lot of the Tumblr threads - I might try the JS plugin later, but I just wanted to see if I could get iframe working. At the moment, I can't, regardless of what page I try to insert (I've tried with different types).

3. Yup, that's the one.

I should mention another reason I think it's an FTP problem is that I uploaded an image via the file manager to use as a header, and it worked fine, but when I tried to put someething in the same folder via FTP, it didn't.

4. Just cleared it, no dice.

Thanks again for your help. This is frustrating...

blameme / 2011-05-19 02:53:18   

Maybe check all your permissions on folders, and/or try another FTP client,

nuff / 2011-05-19 07:58:27   

Thanks again for your reply.

My permissions are set to 755 in the studio, plugin and sample folders (I'm assuming if the client recognises my login it also recognises me as an owner?)

I've tried both FileZilla and Cyberduck on PC and mac, and the very first time I connect to the site it finds the plugins and my modified CSS file. In other words, they must be there.

I don't understand how the web tool reads plugins, but if it simply checks the folder for them then it surely has to be seeing them, but not displaying them.

I'll keep trying, and maybe do a fresh install or something.

blameme / 2011-05-19 09:31:01   

Yea that´s really strange, I´m outta Ideas, I hope someone else can help you out...

rickykappa / 2011-05-19 13:17:00   

something wrong, where are you uploading your plugins?
if I call your ndxz-studio/site/plugin/exhibit.horizontal.php I get a 404 error, page missing, while it should give an error like "direct acces denied".
everything else is fine in your site, so my guess is that you're not uploading in the correct directory.
hope this helps...
;-)

nuff / 2011-05-19 13:41:11   

Thanks again everyone, this is really baffling!

If it makes any difference, my host puts my whole site in a "www" folder, meaning the FTP path to
http://www.designbynuff.com/indexhibit/ndxz-studio/site/plugin/
is
http://designbynuff.com/www/indexhibit/ndxz-studio/site/plugin

Anyway you are absolutely right about the 404, but here is a screenshot of my FTP program clearly showing all the folders.

I don't get it!

The thing is, I have a site up on Wordpress in the root and am trying to build this one on the side. I wonder what would happen if I either put this inside the WP site or migrated that one and put this in the root.

nuff / 2011-05-19 13:49:09   

That did it!

I don't know why I didn't try that earlier.

For now, it's happy hanging out in my WP site... things might get messy later on but I'll deal with that later.

What I don't get is how the site could work at all from outside the WP but couldn't call up plugins.

Thanks anyone and looking forward to bugging you with more stupid questions :p

Solveig / 2013-06-12 21:47:12   

Hi, I'm having some trouble installing a plugin, I have uploaded the iwakami and slideshow plugins to my "plugin" folder in ndxzsite via cyberduck. They don't show up in indexhibit? Should I paste the script into a specific file? Is there something wrong with the uploading, or do I need to change permissions? Please help, I can't figure this one out. Thank you very much

Solveig / 2013-06-12 21:54:12   

My website is settemsdal.com

arsondpi / 2013-06-12 22:10:29   

iwakami is a format that doesn't work for Version 2.
Search the customize forum for the Slideshow beta version format.
It's got all you need and more (even though it's a beta)
;-)

Solveig / 2013-06-12 23:14:35   

Thank you, could you tell me how to install it? Can't get any plugins to work so must be in the wrong folder or something, can't find the problem.
Now visual index exhibit has stopped loading thumbnails, any ideas?

arsondpi / 2013-06-13 07:06:58   

There are clear instructions about installing the format in the Slideshow thread.
I can't know what's wrong with the Visual Index but this -new- issue is different to the one described in this thread and version of Indexhibit.
I suggest starting a new thread so things don't get mixed up and threads are helpful for future users.

This thread has been closed, thank you.