Forum Upgrade

Vaska A / 2008-07-18 21:19:13   

Making some updates around here for the forum - it\'s about time. This is the shortlist of things that happened:

- improved the ability to add code to posts
- ability to edit your own posts is back
- added a favorites system to remember the super awesome threads
- moved \'search\' to the Index

A few more things were planned that we didn\'t quite get too...they may pop up in another week or so.

If something isn\'t right for you leave a note for us. Thanks...

Vaska A / 2008-07-18 21:22:41   

Forum is escaping quotes...it\'s a little sticky...I\'ll take care of it tomorrow. ;)

iwakami / 2008-07-19 14:52:00   

looks kind of broken with IE :S
in the same sentence/line/horizontal box, you may notice two threads overlaping side by side... and with the colourful hover it adds \"messyness\". just reporting :D
adeus

Vaska A / 2008-07-19 17:21:28   

blah...ie. i should just block all ie browsers.

thanks for the heads up...

Vaska A / 2008-07-19 18:28:43   

Issues with creating links...looks like the quotes are turned to entities thus killing them. Will fix it later...

iwakami / 2008-07-22 15:56:00   

IE really is problematic. if we were at school it would be a brainless bullie picking on everybody. LOL

Vaska A / 2008-08-07 20:22:02   

Separated the "Support" section into "Installations" and "Customize". As I have time I'll move threads specifically about installation into that thread...for the moment it will take some time to grow on it owns.

Vaska A / 2009-03-25 11:11:38   

Looks good? What I did...

- yellow stickies to blue
- made post count bigger
- made thread top smaller
- outputs 50 threads per page now
- decreased padding above/below threads
- changed the 'favorites' icons

cruz / 2009-03-25 11:25:38   

It looks great!
I really liked the dos and don'ts of asking questions, maybe we could integrate it in the forum rules!? I think it would make support much easier and faster. And please folks, use the link tag, pliz pliz ;)

Vaska A / 2009-03-25 11:28:01   

Yeah, I did add it to the forum rules...I think it's in #1.

Hey guys, is it possible that I buy a 1960's era Volvo and fit it with a modern engine and undercarriage so I can drive in the kind of style I've always dreamed of?

That's my question for you...

arsondpi / 2009-03-25 11:53:45   

People with Trabants have done this but it costs too much and eventually the car fell apart :lol:

Vaska A / 2009-03-25 11:57:44   

Yeah, that's what I've been thinking...I'm not really a big car nut. If I'm going to buy a car I want something good though...classic...likely old and in need of work. But an old Volvo can be cheap...and then pour all that money into making it a monster nerd mobile.

I already bought the nerdiest bike I could find...it's a foldable bike that is all black and looks like a Model-T Ford.

What bikes do you guys ride?

arsondpi / 2009-03-25 12:06:19   

A white foldable Dahon MuP8 with an Airzound (to keep those indifferent car drivers on their feet).
I will eventually get another one... something for longer rides...

As for the car you could look around for a Nissan Figaro. I know it's not a true original but it's quite nice.
ps: I don't like cars.

cruz / 2009-03-25 14:55:56   

He he he no bike here, Porto is not bike friendly at all, you would need a turret with a machine gun to survive amongst traffic. I remember seeing this totally amazing bike manufacturers in Berlin's Kastanienalle, fluor colors no brakes models, totally fierce.

Car wise, I had 1979 Mercedes 300D, it was awesome, a joy to drive around but an environmental disaster, I only felt better because I was actually using it to its limits. Now a drive a small c2 that I can park anywhere, it's a sensodrive, it's like driving in a computer game. My girlfriend has a cool 1980 BMW 316 that used be her grandfather's, I like this nostalgic idea of family cars that go through generations ;)

iwakami / 2009-03-25 18:16:48   

thanks vaska! :D

i would choose anything with "datsun" name on it!!!! i also like 90s japanese cars - they make me dream about being a turbo-ranger... but only with eco-efficient motors, or else give it up!!

buy a flinstone model instead...

steeverb / 2009-03-25 20:28:31   

I recommend any pre-ford Volvo with less than 120,000 miles on it. At that point they just start spinning apart... but they are really easy to work on.

I have a great urban bike if you don't want to go fixed gear, the specialized Langster -- comes with freewheel and brakes. Yes brakes, I live in NYC and am too damn old to not want to slam on my brakes!! My girlfriend has a foldable Dahon but it's almost too heavy for her to carry up her stairs..

Vaska A / 2009-03-26 00:44:50   

I've have a Dahon too - the nerdiest model (although I've already said that).

I'm not really into cars. Yeah, I love a nice car (used to have an Acura) but I want something old and difficult and weird and beautiful. I can't afford a truly antiqued car...so this is my dream.

++

People keep asking me why the post count numbers are big. I don't know...I just kind of like it.

paucc A / 2009-03-26 01:21:32   

jajaja ... nice... bikes, motors and technology!
I like the idea of changing a car motor .... I'm doing the same but to a vespa (a lot easier, I know). I have a 1966 sprint vespa and I'm putting in a '99 200cc motor. I'm learning and have a very good professor, if not I would had just an old vespa ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EX40hQsnizM

And for bike riding, I enjoy short rides trough the center of madrid, I have a Orange brompton and my girlfriend a red dahon Curve D3, I love the wide tire it have!!!
http://www.vimeo.com/1516059

By the way, the forum changes are nice ...

Vaska A / 2009-03-27 16:03:09   

omg, what a beautiful city!

Eloisa has a bright green Brompton. we're brining our bikes on the trip.

;)

paucc A / 2009-03-28 00:23:14   

Great we could do some bike tourism!!!
:-D

iwakami / 2009-03-28 21:09:04   

hum... i feel like i want to buy a bike... so dahon is popular, huh? should be good enough... see...

paucc A / 2009-03-29 09:57:53   

iwakami, the dahon bikes have a nice pair of wide tires ....
I recommend it a lot!
pau

arsondpi / 2009-10-04 09:45:37   

bump again... sorry - I think I had one too many last night.

Vaska A / 2009-10-04 11:17:19   

Yes, this forum used to be more fun.

lemathieu A / 2009-10-04 19:03:08   

Ok so… here we go!
My first car was an orange 2cv Citroën with an open roof like this one.
Burned in Marseille during riots… I was so sad. So now I use cars as they are : cubes of steel ;)
I have a very basic Clio after keeping seven years an old (1989) Rover 214.

And my bike is now an electra cruiser that I found half destroyed in the countryside. New weel and tyres, and I use it the max I can to go to work, unless it's raining.
But I live in Britanny, and it's not the more sunny side of France. :(

oh! and btw, I like the changes in this forum.

;)

arsondpi / 2009-10-04 23:08:38   

It doesn't look half destroyed... And 2CV - a true classic. I remember that when a friend steared the wheel while driving it, the whole car would tilt on one side... But it rarely broke down...

lemathieu A / 2009-10-05 12:27:25   

this is not a pic of my electra… and I repare it the most I can.
My 2cv was "in her juice" (like we say in France), and umbreakable… I loved it.

This thread has been closed, thank you.