text BESIDE image

argh / 2011-06-29 05:47:27   

hello everybody,

what i would like to do is put text BESIDE an image in the over and over exhibition instead of ABOVE the image.

it doesn´t need to be over and over, if you have a solution for another exhibition format i would also be happy. all i need is displaying one image with text beside (if possible not just title & caption, but longer text)
i found this old thread about a similar topic, but the answer doesn´t work for me:

http://www.indexhibit.org/forum/thread/9559/

thanks so much for any advice, this forum is great by the way!

lx / 2011-06-29 12:35:36   

I've dropped a suggestion in the aforementioned thread.
Regarding longer titles and captions, you should check out this thread: www.indexhibit.org/forum/thread/5445/1/

argh / 2011-06-29 13:59:52   

hey 1x, thanks a lot, it works! now i have title and caption beside my image.
but is it actually possible to put the text which i type in the exhibition space beside the image? that would be even better, then i don´t have to try this kinda scary hack to make title and caption longer...

lx / 2011-07-01 12:55:52   

Hi argh (a suitable username for webdesign, he? ;) I'll call myself sigh! then :D ),

I find this hack very useful anyway. I think, you're going to have troubles with those short media titles and captions sooner or later.

1. Some people preferred the following lines of code instead of what Leslie has written in 2a:
  2. $body .= "<label>Image Title</label>";
  3.         $body .= "<textarea name='media_title' id='media_title'>" . $rs['media_title'] . "</textarea>";
  4.         $body .= "<label>Image Caption</label>";
  5.         $body .= "<textarea name='media_caption' id='media_caption'>" . $rs['media_caption'] . "</textarea>";
  6. It was suggested somewhere by someone, but I cannot recall. I guess, it was due to some people (including me) receiving "null" in the caption field with the original hack.
  1. Anyway, you want the main text on the right site? You can do it with css, too. But then, you should have your image titles and captions somewhere else.
  2. I'm beginning with all this stuff myself, so this is just the way, I would try to do it:
  3. Right beneath the line
  4. // ** DON'T FORGET THE TEXT ** //
  5. change
  6. $s = $rs['content'];
  7. to
  8. $s = "<div id='maintext'>" . $rs['content'] . "</div>";
  9. then add the css selector #maintext to the dynamic css:
  10. #maintext { position: absolute; left: 840px }
  11. You can try other values. For example, when using "relative" for position, your text will not run into the captions, if you have them on the right. However, there will be space on the top left side. But then again, you could try to define a css rule for placing the headline there.

Hope it helps.

lx / 2011-07-01 13:00:57   

Maybe I should start an extra thread "How to apply the code tag properly in this forum?". I hope it's comprehensible nonetheless.

G470 / 2011-07-01 17:17:57   

:D lol good Idea to start a extra thread.

argh / 2011-07-03 14:29:00   

hey lx, thanx very much, i´ll try that!

This thread has been closed, thank you.