collapsible menu heading links

radiost8 / 2011-06-29 19:48:06   

I installed the collapsible menu script that Ross Cairns made and it seems to be working as it should. However, I have encountered a problem in attempting to customize my site.

I have section titles off in my Indexhibit settings. The first menu option of each section is displayed when the site is loaded. This is what I want. If you click on each menu option all other menu options in that section appear. Again, this is what I want. Unfortunately, even though the URL of the first menu option in each section appears when the cursor passes over it, the menu option does not activate when I click on it. Is there any way of making this link active?

Thanks,

Jason

radiost8 / 2011-06-29 19:48:15   

http://www.burnmyeye.org/index.php

pernin / 2011-06-30 01:32:11   

one works, the others don't... check section and page settings for each one and compare.

I see you took away the link-back to indexhibit, and can't find it anywhere else. Please read the forum rules ;-)

radiost8 / 2011-06-30 07:45:42   

My bad. I pulled the template settings from my other site where I have credits located elsewhere. I've put the credit back below the menu. Sorry about that.

I don't understand what you're saying about one working. The first menu option for any of the sections other than "Mission" (which is set to not be collapsible) fails to work. I can pass the cursor over the first menu option ("Tony Martin", "Jason Penner", etc) and while the link is there, it cannot be activated with a mouse click. All that happens is the section menu is collapsed or expanded. I've checked the page settings for each section again and they are consistent.

My guess is that in removing the section titles, there is something thrown off in the javascript.

radiost8 / 2011-06-30 07:55:18   

If anyone has any ideas it would be much appreciated. I'm currently modifying the site with section titles enabled. Still would like the collapsible menus to work with them disabled.

pernin / 2011-06-30 08:01:35   

yes, you may be right about javascript, i see that it assigns a different style to the first li element. Still, a workaround, if they work with section titles enables, then it would be a question of making the section-titles the same color as the background...

radiost8 / 2011-06-30 09:11:13   

But then how would someone visiting the site know to click on an invisible link to have a menu expand?

pernin / 2011-06-30 09:16:01   

ah, yes, you are quite right... which means again that it won't work, as you need to define expansion on the first menu item, which by definition borks the link... sorry, out of brain at the mo ;-)

This thread has been closed, thank you.