video slideshow

solkazu / 2011-07-01 11:17:39   

Hi All.

I may have missed a previous post on this, but i have had a good look and cannot find one.

does anyone know of a way to modify one of the slideshow formats, like iWakami, so that it can display videos as well as images?

thanks for your help.

also, any news on the updates?

thanks

Sol

www.solarcher.co.uk

G470 / 2011-07-02 02:44:44   

Hi, this should be no big problem.
You can do this if you have some coding skills ;)
First tell us exactly what kind of exhibition format and what kind of video you want to use.

You have to modify some pathes in the exhibition format and change the main creation loop from < img > to "your embed code".So we need some more details to help you with this.

solkazu / 2011-07-02 04:59:15   

Great! thanks.

I have some coding ability. bit of a have-a-go, rather than an expert. so its great to have a little guidance.

it would be a quicktime h264 format, encoded for streaming
and i would like to use iWakami.

G470 / 2011-07-02 06:37:36   

ok, that´s a starting point :) would you mind using html5? The < video > tag is great. I´m out of time today but tomorrow I can give you some Informations about how to create this.

solkazu / 2011-07-02 08:33:43   

wouldnt mind at all.
i dont know much about the video tag, or where to place it in an exhibition format. but happy to convert the old mov files.
thanks G

G470 / 2011-07-03 11:56:35   

Ok, had some time to throw a code together.
I did not use the iwakami slideshow cause I was working on my own slideshow some time before.
What you have to do to make this work:

convert your files to a html5 format(.webm, .mp4 or .ogv). If you are on a mac you can use a nice little tool called Miro Video Converter or the more advanced Handbrake

I've set the default to .mp4 videos so maybe you first try to convert your videos to mp4.

After you've done that, create a folder called "video" inside your indexhibit main folder.
Upload your converted videos into the "video" folder.

You should rename your video Titles. Please do not use whitespaces or underscores.

Then upload the slideshow with html5 video support to your indexhibit plugin folder.

Path: ndxz-studio/site/plugin

Now you can choose the new exhibition format in your admin control pannel.

Upload your images:

The images must be named like the videos.
If your video is named "somecoolvideo.mp4" your image name must be "somecoolvideo.jpg"

The images should also have the same size like your videos, cause they are used to put in the video and poster size.

If a browser can not use the new html5 video tag, they will see a flash fallback version of the video using the flowplayer api.

... I think that´s all :)

solkazu / 2011-07-03 12:24:31   

You are a wonder.

amazing, thankyou. Ill give that a go and sing your praises a little more in a day or so. thanks dude.

Sol

Robert_Kiff / 2011-07-23 17:29:15   

Hello G470,

I have followed your instructions but am not getting the video.

My editor recognises the plug in and when I upload and publish the photo (with corresponding name) I am given the media player but only have the still image sitting in the frame. It is not recognising the videos position.

I have uploaded the video with the folder into the root of my web directory.

Can you help, am almost there.

Robert.

http://www.theoldfriends.co.uk

G470 / 2011-07-24 17:17:58   

Hi, are you sure the video is in the right place? I can't see anything when I call the video url
http://www.theoldfriends.co.uk/video/doumentationedit2mpeg4.mp4

jhart / 2011-10-18 16:10:45   

G470 - This isn't working for me, and it appears to also be broken on your DEMO site as well. I see the thumbnail behind the media player, but the video never loads. I'm the muddle-along type of coder and am totally new to php, so I would appreciate any help you have.

jdt / 2012-01-01 17:48:04   

Going to bump this thread as I am trying to implement this, but the link to the 'slideshow with HTML5 video support' is broken...
Seems kind of critical to this approach...

G470 - As I side note, I love the 'tooltip_nav_theme' on your Indexhibit site... is this actually a theme or is it a combination of other themes (Centered Theme with drop-down menus?). Sorry... off topic ;)

Been lurking and learning a lot on the forum...
will have something to show soon (I hope...;)

Thanks!

G470 / 2012-01-02 06:25:05   

@ jhart you may not see the videos cause I only uploaded the mp4 version. They are only for webkit browsers and IE. Firefox and Opera need .webm or .ogg videos. Please have a look at http://www.w3schools.com/html5/html5_video.asp

@jdt The tooltiv nav theme is one of my experimental themes but I can post a download link tomorrow.

oeksen37 / 2013-06-17 13:07:24   

Edited by Vaska: this message was spam.

This thread has been closed, thank you.