How to use plugins

sophia89 / 2011-07-02 23:26:05   

Hello there,

I am new to indexhibit and i'm trying to figure everything out. I have some css and html knowledge. I have a theme I found from another user and don't know exactly how to upload the theme. She has plugins and js folders. I have cyberduck also. The theme is cool but i'd also like to know how to tweek the css.

If anyone has any advice and answers, please let me know. Thank you.

pernin / 2011-07-03 00:58:28   

plugins go in the ndxz-studio/site/plugin directory and js files go into ndxz-studio/site/js. The theme, probably in a subdirectory under site.

there's lots of good information in "useful threads" in the forum, as well as in help and tutorials in the menu to the left

It would be good to have your site's web address and the name of the theme you are asking about, as use and modification may vary from case

which is why it's also important to read the forum rules before posting your questions, saves time for everybody. Welcome to indexhibit :-)

sophia89 / 2011-07-03 05:26:47   

Hey,

I eventually got it! I'm using the columner theme here and my site is sophiamitchell.info

Now I'm trying to figure out how to add a menu link that goes straight to my wordpress blog when you click on it. I'm also trying to figure out the upper right hand corner post where it says "about this site" i would like for it to be a copy-write text instead. Does anyone know how this works.

I thought indexhibit was extremely hard at first and i realized it's pretty much common sense. Just need to tweek a couple of things.

Thanks!

sbeckmann / 2014-04-02 19:40:30   

I'm new to this.... where do you have to install the plugins for another theme, I've actually also downloaded the columner theme

Vaska A / 2014-04-02 19:47:46   

Themes go into the /ndxzsite/ folder and then select it in the main Admin section.

I'm going to close this thread because it's really old and outdated. If you downloaded from the link above those are likely old files too (I'm going to remove the link for that reason).

This thread has been closed, thank you.