Problem after adding js

Afroditi / 2011-09-21 11:28:50   

Hello,
I was trying to add a drop-down menu on my website following some threads in this Forum, so I used the expandingMenus.js that I found, added it to my js folder and modified the index.php in order to make it work, but nothing happened. After reading more, I thought it didn' t work because of the lack of the newest jQuery. So I downloaded it and also added it in my js folder and then chaos happened. I cannot see anything in my website.

As I got really frustrated I erased the whole js folder and then I replaced it with the original js folder of the indexhibit installation, but still nothing changed.

I am not a coder and I now realize, I shouldn' t have been playing around with things that I do not understand, still I am hoping someone knows a way to help me.

Vaska A / 2011-09-21 11:33:27   

Are you using Dreamweaver?

Right now, the problem is that we are looking at the template for your site - but what should be in the root of your site is the root index.php file. Simply reupload that file (to the root) and that issue should be resolved.

Afroditi / 2011-09-21 12:18:28   

No, I was using Text Edit and AppleScript Editor...
Thank you Vaska! It worked :))))

yomismo / 2011-09-21 19:00:01   

Hola !!!

Estoy utilizando indexhibit para hacer mi primera web.
Todo bien, pero a la hora de canviar el menu principal(me sale a la izquierda en vertical), no consigo hacerlo.
Mis preguntas son:
- Se puede hacer que el menu principal aparezca arriba horizontal? o en cualquier otra posición?, como?
- He leido algo de los menus acordeón y la necesidad de instalar un js. No comprendo bien este proceso.

mi web es: www.valentinmoyatrio.com

Muchas gracias por avanzado.

blameme / 2011-09-22 02:45:13   

Hola,

1. Si puedes cambiar la posiccion del menu, puedes hacer editando el .css

2. Si, tienes que añadir un archivo de .js al tu sitio web para que functiona, está todo explicado en various threads, busca el foro para mas info.

Si no quieres meter mucho en el codigo, recomiendo que buscas "the centered theme" en el foro, que ya vienen con el menu arriba y desplegable.

yomismo / 2011-10-03 16:23:46   

Hola a todos !!!

No se si esta duda pertenece a este hilo, sino disculpad.

Mi web va cogiendo un buen aire pero amigos que la han visto desde su ordenador me dicen que hay imagenes y textos movidos, sin embargo yo en mi ordenador lo veo todo bien.
Imagino que podrá ser por el tamaño de su pantalla.
En cualquier caso, sabeis como solucionar el problema para que se vea siempre de la misma manera?

Esta es mi dirección:
www.valentinmoyatrio.com

Muchas gracias.

This thread has been closed, thank you.