Password Protect Imdexhibit Site

thebrownsquare / 2011-10-29 12:05:23   

Hello, hello. I hope everyone is well. Love this platform. Nice work devs and the community is great.

So, there is a lot of chatter on here about password protecting an indexhibit site, but I haven't seen a really solid solution.

WHAT I WANT TO DO:
Password protect my main directory. Simplest way possible. It's a portfolio site with client work that won't be open to the general public.

PROBLEMS I'VE HAD:
The htaccess file that comes with Indexhibit I noticed doesn't have a . in front of it. This is probably just a fake file used for some .php trickery that's beyond me? I'm used to just setting up the .htaccess file and the .htpasswd file. If I add a period in front of the htaccess file that came with the indexhibit download, I can get the login to appear and take my user/pass, but instead of loading the site I get an Internal Server Error. Says it was unable to complete my request to do an internal error. Apache server at adelheidfender.com Port 80.

When I tried to add the password protection in my hosting control panel, I could add it to the ndxz-studio directory, but when the site loads I have to input the user/pass like three or four times before all of the content will load.

SITE DETAILS:
URL: http://www.adelheidfender.com
HOSTED: Go Daddy

HELP!! Ha. Does anyone have a work-around to this stuff yet? It should be pretty easy to add a password to these sites, right? What am I missing? Any help would be much appreciated as I need to get this site up for my girlfriend and we're running out of time. Thanks!! I really appreciate any help.

Here's to making beautiful things.

andrew

sashenoy / 2012-07-06 20:57:26   

I saw that you finally figured it out. Could you please share how you were able to do so? I'd love to so the same for my site.

Thanks!

Succubus / 2012-10-02 19:35:04   

Hello!
I also need to protect my site with a password...
Coul you please thebrownsquare tell us how have you done it?
Thanks!
Suc

This thread has been closed, thank you.