Drop Menu Link Question

widmestisericellis / 2008-08-14 16:36:28   

Hi,
I'm building a site with a custom javascript menu as the nav, and I am wondering how do I link within the menu to different indexhibit pages.

Is that possible?

you can view my code here : http://illustrationcorporation.com/

you will see a few lines down after the menu div starts where the code for the drop menu is. All the links now point to 'javascript:void' , minus one where I attempted to link to a index page.

Any help is very appreciated.

LeslieOA / 2008-08-14 17:09:20   

Nice site!

You'll need to firstly experiment by creating a section called, say, 'Navigation' and creating exhibits under it (like you have with the elements. Your code shouldn't be too hard to implement from then on (but I would advise seeing if you can achieve your custom effects via jQuery if your not too hot with JavaScript, and definitely take a look at some site built with Indexhibit).

Just taken another look at your site, you could link your sections manually like you have with 'Alex Fuller', but you'd be better served (depending): -

Creating a new section (Settings -> Sections) called Navigation, then adding the illustrators names as exhibits (if you only expect each to have one page).

Let us know.

Edit: - You don't have clean URL support active (or at all) so if you plan to take the manual hyperlink route, try: -

1. http://www.illustrationcorporation.com/index.php?/projects/alex-fuller/

...instead (add /index.php?).

2nd Edit: - Sorry Vaska. The link back to this project is imperative.

Vaska A / 2008-08-14 17:12:17   

I understand you are building your site but unless we see a link to Indexhibit on there we aren't going to help...it's all over the place on the site and including the downloads page. It's our one requirement for help around here.

How did you build that? It's dynamic from the database?

You would simply add the link to the 'href'.

If you wrote a plugin for that post the code and we'll go through it...

widmestisericellis / 2008-08-14 17:41:45   

Thanks for the help guys.
I certainly do plan to add a link back to indexhbit- most likely it will be in the about page (which i haven't even started on yet), we also plan on donating some $$ once we get going. I just started working on this last night, so I haven't really got to that point yet. No one else has seen the site (hopefully) except you guys. Sorry I haven't gotten to that yet, but I never intended not to give proper credit.

I built the menu with this awesome website ( http://www.opencube.com/sampleit_im.asp?samples/qm2/sample12/sample.html ), which made it very easy on me because I have no idea what I am doing when it comes to programming java or Jquery.

widmestisericellis / 2008-08-14 17:43:05   

awesome!
thanks for the help, I inserted the 'index.php?' into the link and it worked like a charm.

Thank you very much!
Check the site in a week or so, it should be up & ready by then (with proper cred of course)

Vaska A / 2008-08-14 18:20:45   

Looks like it will be nice...keep on truckin'...

Send us a note when it's done and we'll link you up.

Thanks

This thread has been closed, thank you.