New Indexhibit demo

lx / 2012-05-10 10:41:00   

Great work! I'm curious to see it growing. The documenta format is a nice addition. I wonder, if it will be possible to implement some kind of controll for column breaks and image placement by inserting controll characters in the text. Images might be placed by inserting something like <i1>, <i2>,… Just an idea for future plugin modifications.

Vaska A / 2012-05-10 10:50:40   

Yes, you can do that already. It's using Masonry - they did all the smart work- they document additional features over there. But, we'll make note of them on our site just as quickly as we can after the launch. We want to make sure that people know it's their initial work.

;)

lx / 2012-05-10 11:06:52   

Nice! ;)

IgraQ / 2012-05-10 11:15:04   

@Vaska re: http://www.indexhibit.org/forum/thread/15144/2/#post_82675

It wasn't ment as a feature suggestion but as a thumb up for what's done :). I totally love new audio player and by file browser i ment just this simple uploading, which i wasn't using in past - i was uploading everything by ftp 8) So maybe this isn't anything new :))

But if speaking about some suggestions :)) - i pretty love this script http://valums.com/ajax-upload/
I think it would nicely fit into the minimalistic ui of indexhibit.

IgraQ / 2012-05-10 11:18:14   

re: ajax upload script - specifically the google-like drag'n drop upload.

Vaska A / 2012-05-10 12:15:57   

Drag and drop of files is possible with the right browsers - we just have not mentioned it. Try it...just drag to the white space.

;)

vinh / 2012-05-10 13:12:07   

@Vaska : is there any chance this week to buy/download indexbihit ?

Netsvetaev / 2012-05-10 21:23:47   

we are ready to buy it!

Vaska A / 2012-05-10 21:25:23   

I wish we were ready to sell it - super close though.

Vaska A / 2012-05-10 21:42:08   

Since, I guess, people are checking this page, I'll fill you in on some info...

There are alot of planned projects once we are relaunched and have had a moment to catch our breath. Amongst the projects that will get underway soon (some have already started):

- updating all the exhibition formats we possibly can
- 'responsive' design / mobile for the templates and formats
- more tutorials
- a dev site for developer information (documentation)
- building out our plugins library
- participlants list expansion
- collections system
- interface redesign & refactoring
- Indexhibit for iOS

We can't do all of this ourselves, nor can all of this be done with free help. We plan to go alot faster this time around but it will still take time.

scottu / 2012-05-11 02:27:47   

If you have a chance, I'd appreciate any information on plans/existing RSS functionality for v2. Congratulations on a great and long-coming update.

NKBV / 2012-05-11 06:46:33   

I am a proud user of indexhibit, from the early versions. Now the project is really mature and I want to renew the compliments to Vaska, Eatok and the other guys involved in this great project. Since I live in a bilingual area, the icing on the cake for me would be the multilingual function, native in the cms. Obviously I know it is not just simple a job, but I hope that in the (not too far) future there is this function. ;)

Thanks again guys!

NKBV / 2012-05-11 07:37:32   

Vaska, I saw that you added the ability to put the keywords and description directly from Backend! …Great!!! :)
I have one question since I work a lot with SEO: It it possible to give a different title on every page?
For example:
"John Smith - The official site of the Photographer" — "John Smith - Architecture and Design photos" and "John Smith - About the life of the grat artist"

Instead of

"Main: site name" - "Architecture: sitename" - "About: site name" ???

Thanks!

adega / 2012-05-11 08:02:46   

Hopefully someone (Ludo?¿) will create/adapt the Multi Language plugin for v 2.0.... :)

Vaska A / 2012-05-11 08:14:07   

There are better ways to do mulit-language. My big CMS, which is partly what Indexhibit was based upon, did multi-language very well. I know how to do it. I have built some very complex multi-language sites in the past with it.

But, it shouldn't be native to the system. It will have to happen as a series of plugins. There isn't time to work on this now though...

NKBV / 2012-05-11 08:44:57   

Of course, as plug-in it would also be good! :)

Can you tell me something about the different titles? Thanks!

Vaska A / 2012-05-11 08:57:53   

You can make a plugin that does that...if I ever get the time I'll do it but right now my priority is to stay alive and get things out the door first.

Malthe / 2012-05-11 10:43:03   

First off - great efforts making this the new beginning of an already almost godly cms system !
Im very glad to see V2 comming along and appreciate along with many the giant work you
guys are doing!

1. I have one question though - Is indexhibit comming as announced this week? Meaning is it possible to sign up - or buy it before sunday night?

2. Will you guys be ready to take little paid customizations of a site within this period of time - or will it be late?

Just those 2 questions I think will answer a lot for many people ! (:

Many regards and love !

Malthe

NKBV / 2012-05-11 10:53:45   

@ Vaska: Don't worry. I know and understand it's not a priority now.. It was just to see if it's possible. Thanks anyway!

lemathieu A / 2012-05-11 11:11:57   

@Malthe :

1/ the home page says "Next week", so…
2/ i think it will be possible, yes, shortly after the release

Vaska A / 2012-05-11 12:44:39   

1 - I'm trying, but I don't have any other coding help. I know of some other 'open source' projects who have 150 each release - I can only dream.

2 - I don't know. I've never really made money from the small projects - if I charged by the hour straight it would be ok but nobody will work that way (I don't like working that way, as well). I think I've done only two customization projects in the past year...it's probably time to let that go.

ND / 2012-05-14 02:22:01   

Great work Vaska!

Will it be possible to integrate html5 video? I would like to show
pictures and small video loops in the visual index.

Thank you very much!
Best from Berlin Andreas

Malthe / 2012-05-14 04:30:53   

Thanks for the answer Vaska...

Yeah I get it's hard - are you the only coder? Damn I thought you where a bunch?

I hope you still feel the love and know that it is apriciated by many around you - and we are waiting with big eyes and smiles (:

1. So its this week it's finally comming?
BUJAKA !!! :D

2. I feel you, most people want to get it the cheapest way possible and its fairly hard to get the right estimate for
how long or how many hours a project will take..
But I could be convinsed to hire you by the hour if there is some slight customizations I really need to be perfect (:

All love to the project and a virtul clap on your shoulder for all the hard work you put into making this perfect!

THX!

lemathieu A / 2012-05-14 05:15:44   

That's the problem : Vaska is the only programmer, we're just designers or filmmakers that helps here on the forum and behind screen for the new version, but we're no't programmers.

Vaska A / 2012-05-15 15:29:37   

There is some history to Indexhibit that kind of fills in the gap - I don't know if we will ever tell some of these details but, to be honest, we were very seriously considering changing the license until rather recently.

During that time, I could not accept help - it would have been unethical and we simply didn't know what the future was going to hold.

But, now we're decided on the path. I am not a brilliant programmer and I really do hope that some of the people who even recently have said they will help us with coding show up. I really hope so - we have some really big plans for this year and I can't do it alone.

We had a very unusual process for making this new version of Indexhibit. But, as of the release, we'll be going about things in a much more predictable pattern.

We are very very close...

nichtchris / 2012-05-16 06:09:23   

The Demo looks really good!

Thanks for all the effort - I'm willing to pay for the new version/ donate for it! And maybe I can help with Modules etc since I have some development skills to share..

Keep on the good work and let's be patient : )
Cheers from Berlin

7 / 2012-05-16 16:26:49   

This isn't that important right now, but I was trying out with the visual index to get more than one image to link to a single exhibit by adding links to it in the index. It works in the index, but when adding a picture to the link so it then shows up in the visual index the link address changes.

maybe that's not possible anyway, i'm just thinking out loud really ;)

Vaska A / 2012-05-16 18:22:14   

I don't quite understand your explanation, Paul. Please elaborate more or just send me an email. And/or, try to show me...

;)

khashayar / 2012-05-17 09:15:48   

it looks fabulous guys.

khashayar / 2012-05-17 09:16:01   

it looks fabulous guys.

rickykappa / 2012-05-18 03:53:56   

playing now here
I don't know if it's fixed, but the links manager doesn't work properly: if I check the "Open in new window" option the output doesn't work (no "target='...')

besides I'd say it's much better the version with double input request (1st: URL, 2nd: link) wich is in use now here in the forum. only my opinion.

This thread has been closed, thank you.