Message "No input file specified" on exhibits

RoseGoddard / 2012-06-01 14:22:31   

Hi,

So I Installed Indexhibit today and started building my site. But I have had an issue with uploading exhibition content. I can do it fine, but even though the backend says its published when I go onto my site in another tab everything I click on leads me to the message "No input file specified."

I had a look in my ftp client and found that the 'gimgs' and 'dimgs' folders were missing in the 'files' folder. So I put them there and then started the process of loading the content again. But am still having the same issue.

I know that this message doesnt come from indexhibit, I just thought that someone else may have had this problem and resolved it? Or someone else may understand the problem and can tell me a way to fix it...?

Site: rosegoddard.com

RoseGoddard / 2012-06-01 15:03:17   

Have gone over all the files in the download to make sure that they were ll uploaded correctly and they were.

This is really frustrating

Vaska A / 2012-06-01 15:52:12   

This isn't caused by Indexhibit. You must have an .htaccess file at the root of your site that is messing things up. Simply rename it to htaccess (for the moment) so you can move on with things.

That doesn't make any sense that your folders keep disappearing...

RoseGoddard / 2012-06-01 16:45:57   

I re-named the file and it is still doing the same thing...

Vaska A / 2012-06-01 16:47:17   

Rose, that doesn't explain to me the problem here. I don't understand...

RoseGoddard / 2012-06-01 17:11:50   

Hmm... nor do I.

Have uploaded images in the 'about' page and that seems to be working fine, so I tried making a new section and uploading into that but its just done the same thing.

Is there anything else that you can think of or should I re-install?

Vaska A / 2012-06-01 17:15:24   

But, is your 'section' page setup to display things from the section or as the exhibit? Go to Exhibits > Edit (your section page) > Exhibit Options and check it's Media Source. It should be 'exhibit' but it might be 'section' right now.

RoseGoddard / 2012-06-01 17:34:37   

It was section, have changed it to 'exhibit'... its not making any difference.

Vaska A / 2012-06-01 17:55:37   

But, have you uploaded an images to the exhibit now?

RoseGoddard / 2012-06-02 18:19:39   

Yes, I have done. Its still having the same problem... if you have a look at the website you can see.

Would there be any solution apart from re-installing?

Vaska A / 2012-06-02 18:32:55   

Send me your indexhibit login and I'll take a quick look.

contact [at] indexhibit [dot] org

Vaska A / 2012-06-02 18:55:45   

I was right - it's working great. But you need to deal with the htaccess issue (as I stated above).

RoseGoddard / 2012-06-02 19:03:10   

Thanks, got your email.

Yes, so, as I said - I did rename the file but it didn't work. So i decided to re-rename it and then try again, but it disappeared. Now I feel stupid... but I definitely didn't delete it... I didn't realise re-renaming it would have been a problem.

Vaska A / 2012-06-02 19:08:15   

Did you read the tutorial in Help about clean url's? You just need to find the right pattern and you'll be good...

RoseGoddard / 2012-06-02 20:51:10   

Oh my goodness! It worked!

I dont really understand why... but i suppose that doesn't matter.

Thank you so much, I just went into ndxzsite>config and opened options.php and changed "modrewrite" to "true"... refreshed and it was all good.

Thanks so much. Simple things eh?

elizabethmaertens / 2012-06-14 04:04:04   

Hi,
I was having the same issue and followed the same steps, but now instead of a "No input file specified" message, I am now getting a 404 page error. Help!

Vaska A / 2012-06-14 10:27:51   

It's an htaccess/mod_rewrite issue. What you should do is first disable clean urls (follow the tutorial in Help about that). Then, ask your host if they have any info about how to setup the htaccess file for mod_rewrite. Most hosts have some kind of information around their site about this.

clarissemerigeot / 2012-09-08 15:02:32   

Hello,
Looks like I am having a similar problem and I cannot seem to understand what is wrong.
Every time I create an exhibition and then hit the "publish>on" button, the name of the exhibition appears on the website. But then when I click on it, I get a "No input file specified"… 
I am really lost.
What can I do?
My website is clarissemerigeot.com
What i just described happens when you hit "dedicaces".

Oh, and why does the "2012" appear between the section title and the exhibition name every time I create one?
Thank you so much for our help.

clarissemerigeot / 2012-09-08 15:48:21   

Okay, so sorry about all this. But things are getting even worse. The website is up, but I cannot access my ndxz-studio clarissemerigeot.com/ndxz-studio/

I get a 404 page not found message.

I didn't touch anything.

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks.

Vaska A / 2012-09-08 16:02:49   

Are you using version 1 or two? This thread is about v2.

clarissemerigeot / 2012-09-08 16:13:40   

Thank you very much for the reply!
I am using version 2. I found out about the "ndxz-studio" becoming "ndxzdtudio". Sorry about the message above. As for the first message I posted, I still don't know what to do.

Vaska A / 2012-09-08 16:20:17   

Your login is here: clarissemerigeot.com/ndxzstudio/

clarissemerigeot / 2012-09-08 16:28:59   

Yes, thank you very much.
My other question — asked above — was about getting "No input file specified" messages.

Every time I create an exhibition and then hit the "publish>on" button, the name of the exhibition appears on the website. But then when I click on it, I get a "No input file specified"…
I am really lost.
What can I do?
My website is clarissemerigeot.com
What i just described happens when you hit "dedicaces".

Oh, and why does the "2012" appear between the section title and the exhibition name every time I create one?
Thank you very much for your help.

Vaska A / 2012-09-08 16:40:12   

Clarisse - please stay on topic. This thread is about one problem. We do this to try to keep the quality of the threads really high...

Now, have you setup clean url's properly? Adjusting both the htaccess file and the MODREWRITE constant in /ndxzsite/config/options.php? Did you read the tutorial about this in Help (including the comment about the most common adjustment for some hosts)?

;)

clarissemerigeot / 2012-09-08 18:31:01   

Vasqua - thank you so much for your patience and kindness. I am very sorry about all this. Everything worked out thanks to your help. My last question, if I may ask, is going to be : why does the "2012" appear between the section title and the exhibition name every time I create one?
Sorry again.

Vaska A / 2012-09-08 22:34:13   

Start a new thread about this - I'm closing this thread (it should have been closed before) since it's resolved a few times now.

This thread has been closed, thank you.