Expanding Menus Inline Style

mkamandy / 2008-08-29 14:44:46   

Hello,

I'm using expandingMenus.js and am having a small problem. The opacity of the menus, when they are expanded, is set to 0.9999 with an inline style on the list item.

If you use 'Inspect' with Firebug, you will see it.

I'm not sure where this inline style is set, and removing that opacity style makes the menu much more clear and legible.

Does anyone know where this inline style is coming from so I can modify it?

Thanks in advance.

Best,
MK

The site in question.

AntoineLafontaine / 2008-08-30 14:37:05   

mkamandy,

I first have to say that I find your photographs inspiring. Thank you for these images, really.

Down to your problem:

This inline styling is done by jQuery, when calling the show/hide methods. This is not something I would really venture into trying to modify, but after looking a bit at your site, the jQuery version you are using is 1.1.2 (probably bundled with indexhibit). You could possibly try to update it to a newer version (I think it's up to 1.2.6 now... or up) in your site folder (ndxz-studio/site/js/jquery.js), but I can't guaranty that the method for hiding/showing items is different...

Let me know if this help, else, rewriting parts of the expandingMenus.js would probably be required... I could probably have a go at this since I think indexhibit is in need of a better expanding menu script (for one, the speed should be based on how many items are present in the menu, not a fixed speed and that 0.9999 opacity is indeed annoying...)

I'll be waiting for your feedback before going further.

mkamandy / 2008-09-02 13:59:45   

Antoine,

Thank you for your kind words and help.

Your fix of installing the new version of jQuery fixed the problem. I went from 1.1.2 to 1.2.6 and the inline opacity of .9999 has disappeared.

Best,
Masood

AntoineLafontaine / 2008-09-03 04:10:52   

Masood,

Great! Got a bug fixed and also a good feedback on the fact that it did fix the bug properly. Maybe I'll ask Vaska to keep this in the useful page links.

This thread has been closed, thank you.