Modifying style.css file causes no effect on website??!!

metacitizen / 2012-07-09 01:39:33   

Trying to change paragraph width in style.css in this way:

/* paragraph width */
#index p { margin-bottom: 1em; }
#exhibit p, code, blockquote { width: 800px; margin-bottom: 1em; border: 5px solid #FFF;/* line-height: 1.3em; */ }

however, paragraph width in exhibit remains at 450px... any ideas of what is going on? any help would be greatly appreciated!!

unstablespace.com

arsondpi / 2012-07-09 07:00:24   

...wait a minute - the changes you make are being recorded to the style.css file, but they don't seem to affect the page?
Or you make changes you hit the save (disc) icon and the new parameters are still not recorded?

[Please avoid double posting - your questions and answers help out others as well. Let's keep it clean :-) ]

metacitizen / 2012-07-09 10:47:29   

hi,
the issue is the changes I make are being recorded to the style.css file, but they don't affect the page.
any idea how to solve this?

bipster / 2012-07-09 11:37:23   

You are editing the wrong style.css file:

indexhibit.org/ndxzsite/default/…

This file is showing a 450px width

bipster / 2012-07-09 11:39:40   

I know what's happening. Your theme is linking the indexhibit.org style files instead of YOUR site style files.

metacitizen / 2012-07-09 14:02:34   

hi bipster,
do you know how can i fix this, so the theme lilnks to my site style files?

arsondpi / 2012-07-09 17:32:54   

go to your themes index.php page (Admin->Assets->template->index.php) and make sure you have the following in your < head > part of your page:

1. <!doctype html>
  2. <html lang='{{site_lang}}'>
  3. <head>
  4. <meta charset='utf-8'>
  5. <title><last:ndxz_title /> : {{obj_name}}</title>
  6. <last:page:meta />
  7. <link rel='alternate' type='application/rss+xml' title='RSS' href='{{baseurl}}/xml/' />
  8. <link rel='stylesheet' href='{{baseurl}}/ndxzsite/{{obj_theme}}/reset.css<last:page:version: />' type='text/css' />
  9. <link rel='stylesheet' href='{{baseurl}}/ndxzsite/{{obj_theme}}/base.css<last:page:version: />' type='text/css' />
  10. <link rel='stylesheet' href='{{baseurl}}/ndxzsite/{{obj_theme}}/style.css<last:page:version />' type='text/css' />
  11. <last:page:css />
  12. <last:page:javascript />
  13. <last:page:onready /><plugin:backgrounder />
  14. </head>
metacitizen / 2012-07-09 20:07:50   

perfect! thanks so much for your help!
PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!

rubensalvadori / 2012-12-05 15:43:01   

i have the same problem but, the index.pho head part is the same but nothing happens after i change. i tried both from the indexhibit page and the FTP but nothing..

This thread has been closed, thank you.