install.php on version 2 upgrade

simonjmp / 2012-08-03 16:48:41   

ok, so I was a bit reluctant to ask this question, as there's so much info on it. sorry about that...
i'm re-doing my friend's website and want to use the new version of indexhibit (giampieroassumma.com)

however, i just can't seem to pass the install page. i assume the site name / user name / last name / email doesn't actually matter.

then for the bottom half, i have all the info i would use to log into my Cyberduck FTP. the username and password no problem, am i right in assuming that i can leave the append bit blank?

for the site itself, the host is aruba.it, is that the server address? or would simply putting localhost work? i'm even logged into the ftp, does that matter?

then i've searched through all his mysql stuff on aruba.it but can't seem to find what the database name could be... i have a SQL database number.

i have a feeling i'm just being stupid, probably typing it in wrong. but if anyone has a hunch it would be so much appreciated, it's taken me all day so far and would prefer to go into the wknd with....... HOPE!

cheers,
simon

ps. was it ok to delete the old ndxz-studio/site folders when replacing with the new?

simonjmp / 2012-08-03 17:26:07   

ok, so i don't know what happened, but i just started again from page 1, and all the info was basically filled in for me. i did put the ndxz-studio folder back into the root folder, so perhaps that's what did it...

anyways, it seems to have gone through :)
you can delete this if you like

This thread has been closed, thank you.