over and over, text positioning

mpcv / 2012-08-05 18:30:13   

Hello Everyone.

I have a question about the over and over format.

this is the situation I have (standard text on top of the images):
mariovideira.com/testes/zbit/index.php/modalisboa-34---checkpoint/

and this would be the result I would like (text aligned by the top of the images, but in a column at the right):
mariovideira.com/testes/…

Could this be done? anyone can help?

thanks in advance!

Vaska A / 2012-08-05 18:33:10   

I like that, how do you feel it should work?

What about image title and captions? Under the image or in the right column?

It could be really nice to have a very long text in the right (or even left) column and then the titles can captions under the images.

These might be nice options to add to over and over...

mpcv / 2012-08-05 18:54:41   

Hello Vaska!

Yes, I agree. I also think it could be nice to have the option to make a right or left column of text, aligning with the top image. For the captions I think they could be under each image as you say (or even on top..).

For the moment, is it possible to customize the format in order to obtain a right column of text?
Or it could just be a future possibility if you add these options to the format?

I would love to have these options in the format, in a way that we could choose between the options we have now (text before or after the images) and the option of having the text left or right.

Basically, to have similar text options to the ones you have on your beta slideshow format: "text placement: top, right, bottom, left".

I think that would be very nice.

Vaska A / 2012-08-05 19:07:27   

I think it's a great idea - I'm going to add it to the official format but I can't release it until the next version of Indexhibit (v2.0.2) is out - in a couple weeks. It utilizes a new resize library so it won't work at the moment.

You can wait for that or you can try doing this on your own - which is a bit of work.

mpcv / 2012-08-05 19:30:39   

Great!

I think I'll wait for the official release. I'm almost sure that I couldn't do this by my own because I only know basic html/css.. (i wouldn't even know where to start)

I'll be waiting and looking forward to the release of both indexhibit 2.0.2, and the updated over and over format!

Thank you very much Vaska!

Keep up the good work!

mpcv / 2012-08-05 19:34:51   

I forgot to mention,

probably would also be nice, to have options to adjust the text column width...

thanks in advance!

mpcv / 2012-09-30 15:22:24   

Hi Vaska!

Any progress with the updated over and over format?

When are you planning to release the new indexhibit v2.0.2?

Thanks in advance! Keep up the good work!

linuesa / 2012-09-30 23:08:31   

Wow! this option would be amazing!

arsondpi / 2012-10-01 08:22:43   

How about:
a text column that has two options: position fixed (which works like #index with a separate scroll bar - which nevertheless, might be confusing) and another option that scrolls along with the text...

linuesa / 2012-10-01 10:14:17   

arsondpi, in the first option, the scroll bar will only appear when the text was larger than the image? I don't think that happens almost never...
I don't understand the second option...

mpcv / 2012-10-01 22:52:55   

I think the second option arsondpi mentioned, is basically a standard scroll with images and text together, when you scroll down the images + text, the text goes up and "disapears" with the top images of the column.

The first option arsondpi mentioned, if I correctly understood, is an "independent" image scroll keeping the text static on top, while the images are scrolled down.

I think this options could be welcome in the format!

I don't know if Vaska has made any progress with the format... If he could do it, it would be a great upgrade (an also just what I need for my website)!

Vaska A / 2012-10-02 14:26:58   

I can't release it until there is an updated cmd - it uses some new features. It will happen in October, I promise.

mpcv / 2012-10-02 21:58:33   

Great News! ;)

mpcv / 2012-11-01 16:15:50   

Hi Vaska!

I was searching in the forums and in the website if the new indexhibit v2.0.2 and updated formats were released yet, but i didn't find anything...

you said that it would be out in october...

When are you planning to release the new indexhibit v2.0.2 (and also this updated over and over format) ??

thanks in advance!

Thanks in advance! Keep up the good work!

mpcv / 2012-12-09 17:37:30   

anyone home?

Once again I ask, when is it expectable that the new indexhibit 2.0.2 is finally released, with this updated over and over format that you promissed?

any news on this?

thanks in advance.

arsondpi / 2012-12-09 17:45:24   

It's coming... hold your horses :-P
Sometime in the near future.

mpcv / 2013-03-24 12:52:21   

Hi Vaska!

I've seen you have been testing an updated version of the over and over format in this thread:
indexhibit.org/forum/thread/16950/

I read that you are in the last stages before releasing the new indexhibit version with the updated formats.

I checked the new features for the over and over format (caption space and uniform width for images), but I didn't see options for the text positioning that we were discussing here in this thread... (text aligned by the top of the images scroll, but in a column at the right or left, like the image I show in my first post)

Is this stuff being tested as well? Any news on this?

Looking forward to the new version and updated over and over format!
thanks in advance!

This thread has been closed, thank you.