Index text is bold / Safari problem / Expanding Menu changes the active of index etc.

Sofie / 2012-09-24 20:15:18   

Hello everybody

I have some important questions regarding this site:
papstundco.ch/…

1. Everything looks bold now (it should be regular). Even if I changed the style.css and the base.css. What am I doing wrong?

2. Since I activated the expanding menus, the section titles (Home, Spieldaten, Gruppe etc.) don't show an active mode anymore. Where can I change this? Without the expanding menues, it worked…

3. The exhibition titles should be smaller than the section titles. They are shown smaller in Firefox but not in Safari. Why that?

4. What are subsection titles and what is the difference between them and the exhibition titles? Where can I create them?

5. Shall I do most of the things in base.css and just particular stuff in style.css?

Thank you so much for answering all my question!

Sofie

Sofie / 2012-09-24 20:50:29   

Luckily I solved the "bold problem".

But a 6th problem came up:

6. My headings h1 to h3 are not in the same place as the copy underneath.
What can I do?
example: papstundco.ch/test/index.php/projekte/der-teich/

Sofie / 2012-09-24 22:59:00   

Additionally I found out the the site looks totally different on the browsers Firefox, Safari and Chrome……aaaaaah
I'm in a hopeless situation :'-(

Please help

Thank you :-)

arsondpi / 2012-09-25 07:12:15   

2. ...you can exclude certain sections from expanding - you can change this in Indexpand->options and in the Exclude from expanding area check/uncheck sections.

3. both look the same from my end, in firefox and Safari

5. style.css is where you change things. base.css is there as a... base. You can override certain base.css rules by adding or resetting them in style.css

6. html semantics.... The h1 tag is there as for the main title of your site (your logo - Papst&co). H2 as a heading etc... But what do you mean by "not in the same place as the copy underneath"? The headings and text is centered...

Try holding down the shift button and hit refresh a few times - maybe there's a browser cache error that doesn't allow you to check out the changes you make...

Sofie / 2012-09-25 07:19:38   

Hi Arsondpi

I just solved several problems I was talking about during the night :-)
Thank you for your fast answer!

But a new question came up:
How can I change the "movement" of the exhibitions in the expanding menus?
Now in Projects "Der Teich" comes from the left. I just want it to appear without any special movement. Like on this site: sofie.erhardt.ch/

arsondpi / 2012-09-25 07:30:18   

Hello!
Again, in Indexpand->options there's a setting: transition speed (milliseconds)
Set it to 0!

maxkrueger / 2012-12-08 19:40:46   

Hey Sofie,

How did you change the bold problem?

Thanks!
Max

This thread has been closed, thank you.