And You

Space between pre-nav text and Index, and background color

Indexhibit version: 2.0
Thread is not resolved.

wnbigelow
UNITED STATES
2 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

Hi, I have two questions, which might have similar answers. I would like to put some space between my pre-nav text and my first index item. Is this possible? I'm guessing this involves treating those as seperate containers, but my limited coding knowledge leads me stumped. The follow up question is that I would like to give the Pre-nav text area a background color that extends all the way to the edges of the window and to the edge of the exhibit, no just around the text itself. Basically it would include the current margins.
My site is willisbigelow.com if you need to see it. Thanks!

wnbigelow
UNITED STATES
2 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

Well I think I've figured it out, but I wouldn't mind if someone took a look at how I did it to see if it might cause problems elsewhere in the code. Or if it would be smarter to space things with % or em instead of px for more browser compatibility ?

1. 1. I set the padding for the index at 0px
  2. 2. in base.css i added a new div class and padded it separately from the pre-nav text. 
  3. /* top/bot divs - not really used but do exist */
  4. #index .top {background:#ffffc4; padding:20px;}
  5. #index .mainindex {padding-left:25px; padding-top:30px; }
  6. #exhibit .top { display: none; }
  7. #index .bot {  }
  1. 3. in Index.php I added the new div class for just the sections:
  2. <div class='top'>{{obj_itop}}</div>
  3. <div class="mainindex">
  4. <plugin:index:load_index />
  5. </div>
  6. <div class='bot'>{{obj_ibot}}</div>

Thanks for reading
site is

wnbigelow
UNITED STATES
2 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

Ok I found an error:
if you go here:
willisbigelow.com/index.php/sculpture/
and click on a thumbnail, the padding for the index disappears. This seems to only be a problem with exhibits in visual index with the permalink option.

any clues to resolve that?
thanks

arsondpi
GREECE
2 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

...why not affect the #index ul instead using margins? ...and have the #index .top, #index .mainindex, #exhibit .top, #index .bot as they were?

This thread has been closed, thank you.