How to imbed an mp3/audio player with visible timeline

lahorrox / 2012-10-05 14:03:21   

Hi

Please would anyone be able to provide simple instructions of how to embed into my website, lahorrox.com,
this audioplayer below:
strahler70.com/dev/indexhibit/testlab/audioplayer/

or any auido player for that matter that looks very clean and simple like this one:
department-deluxe.org/…

the more lo-fi the better, but with a time line, controls and title for track..

I've tried many others which i can't seem to get to work, and with the first example above managed to delete my website as i somehow overwrote the inde.php?! I've spent days on this please save me from this eternal misery!!

Thanks in advance

Rebecca

Vaska A / 2012-10-05 14:06:06   

It's more easy than that...

- simply upload an mp3 to Indexhibit
- click on the edit icon for the mp3
- insert the code into the textarea
-- you can add a second parameter to the plugin with the title - like

1. media:mp3 'file.mp3','The title'

That's it. Mp3's don't automatically display in the exhibit area space for the obvious reasons. I expect that we'll make some special formats for mp3's down the road (like to show a discography, etc).

lahorrox / 2012-10-05 16:53:45   

Hi Vaska,

I'm sorry i didn't make myself clear I specifically would like to add a player with the time line and play + pause buttons etc.....++++

I've seen other simple indexhibit sites with them...but i can't do it aaaargh!

Thank you very much for your quick response by the way, I have managed to do add mp3's as you describe..but i would like a proper player!

Best R,

ps i do love my website so much thanks to indexhibit x

lahorrox / 2012-10-05 16:54:53   

Would you be able to simply guide me through adding this one::::

strahler70.com/dev/indexhibit/testlab/audioplayer/

thank you

R

Vaska A / 2012-10-05 16:57:44   

Strahler's needs to be updated. I'll send him a note and ask him if he wants to do that (he's a friend of mine). If not, I'll update it - or come up with something (but I won't have anything until next week).

Vaska A / 2012-10-05 17:16:49   

We use Soundmanager 2 which also has these players...not quite so simplistic but not bad looking. Easier to setup for me, actually...do you like any of these?

schillmania.com/projects/soundmanager2/demo/360-player/
schillmania.com/projects/soundmanager2/demo/page-player/

byronfelt / 2012-10-07 16:24:01   

Hello Vaska
Both players look nice.
Can you please give basic instructions for newbies?
I have spent hours trying to understand how to change the layout but nothing.

lahorrox / 2012-10-07 19:14:58   

Thanks for the info re.Strahler, for now i like the first one of your soundmanager 2 player the canvas based UI playing 'Rain'. how do i embed this!?

lahorrox / 2012-10-09 22:21:16   

Ok so I tried to imbed but no luck, still like to know how if you get a moment Vaska!

Thank you!

Rebecca

This thread has been closed, thank you.