Display images from another exhibit within an exhibit (or by tag)

boonier / 2012-10-17 22:05:43   

Hi

I wonder if someone can help me solve this. On my main index page, I'm using the visual index format which is displaying the first image of each exhibit. Normal behaviour.

I want to load a collection of thumbnails from either a) a separate placeholder exhibit (hidden) containing only images specially created for thumbnail use or b) children images within the exhibit that are tagged 'thumbnail'. I suspect that option a would be the cleanest.

What I'm trying to ultimately achieve is this: vormplus.be/playground/jquery-skim/… whereby for each exhibit, all the thumbnails are loaded and all but the first are hidden initially. THe jquery takes care of the rest...

So, is this possible to achieve within the format.visual_index.php? - either accessing an external exhibit to the one in context, or accessing only images marked with a tag that are contextual to that exhibit. Hope this makes sense!

cheers

Vaska A / 2012-10-17 22:22:50   

The only way to do this (for the main page) currently is with a custom exhibit format/plugin.

boonier / 2012-10-17 22:27:44   

Hi, thanks for reply

Yes I thought that would be the case. Is there any form of api or reference to the available objects, possibly in the form of other formats/plugins that I could learn from, even that partially does what I'm after?. How about printing all the objects and variables...

I can do the php but just need putting in the right direction.

thanks

carodebellefeuille / 2013-07-12 08:02:30   

I see that this thread is 10 months old... I was wondering if with the current version of exhibit it is possible to achieve this from a link in the index : "accessing only images marked with a tag that are contextual to that exhibit."

I want to do a "categories" section in the index, where you can for example clic a category and you see all images tagged with the name of that "category".

Thank you for your help!

This thread has been closed, thank you.