500 Internal Server Error - Just sometimes.

ferpe616 / 2012-10-24 16:53:48   

Hello:

I am new to indexhibit and I manage to build my webpage just fine: fpizarro.net.

But since I am still uploading stuff to it I tend to see it several times a day and sometimes when clicking arround it shows this message:

---
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator to inform of the time the error occurred and of anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
----

The strange thing is that after some minutes pass, it starts to work fine again and I am able to cotinue uploading information and see all the sections on my web page (but then after some time the error log comes out too). I read the forum posts related to this error log but I don't really find a concrete solution.

I think, after reading all the posts, that maybe is something to do with the permissions of the files. I change them already from 777 to 755 and the .php ones to 644. But I am confused about which files should have which permissions.

Another thing: This problem seems to happen a lot more when using Safari and Firefox and not so much (or not at all) with Google Chrome.

Can anyone help me please? Thankyou very much!

Vaska A / 2012-10-24 17:04:40   

It sounds like you have an unstable database server - it's not normal for it to go out like that.

What webhosts do is oversell the space - they get too many people on a server (or a database server) and things can begin to get strange. This is my guess what is happening...

arsondpi / 2012-10-24 17:06:06   

hmmm - can you verify with your host, your server permissions? Maybe they don't allow 777 and they have a different setting...

ferpe616 / 2012-10-24 23:44:20   

Thankyou very much guys for the quick response. I called my host server and they told me that it could be several things but probably they can fix it in the next 24 hours. At the moment it seems to work just fine so I think the error was fixed already. I'll let you know if in the next few days the problem doesn't appear again so we can put a "resolved" tag to this thread.
Thanks again,
Fernando

ferpe616 / 2012-10-25 20:32:29   

The problem was solved allright! Thanks again!

This thread has been closed, thank you.