Stick footer

satirat / 2012-11-07 22:45:45   

Hi there,

I've been searching for a way to add stick footer at the bottom of the page on CMS2, but what I've got are the threads from a year ago or so.

So what I understood, according to this link indexhibit.org/forum/thread/14238/ and this link indexhibit.org/forum/thread/6500/ seems like what I'd better do is to add that This site was created by Blablablabla as below in the index.php file from folder ndxzsite/default/

----->>>>>>

This site was created by Blablablabla

---------------

Then go to css (which could be base.css or style.css) and add this
------>>>>
#footer {
display: block;
background:#000;
position: fixed;
bottom: 0px;
left: 0px;
z-index: 1;
}

But still, I got no change. Anyone out there, please kindly let me know and guide me what I've missed or misunderstood on this. Thanks a heap in advance.

satirat / 2012-11-07 22:48:05   

Oh, that lines of div just don't show up

So here I post again (from the link).

Footer info in here
satirat / 2012-11-07 22:51:01   

Sorry, my first time of posting. So still cant get it around to put those div tags here. Please check this link indexhibit.org/forum/thread/14238/ for what I refers to.

arsondpi / 2012-11-08 11:17:26   

indeed; you have to insert a footer div in your index.php page of your theme (Admin->Assets->Theme(template)->index.php)
and insert the css you posted above in your style.css

satirat / 2012-11-09 21:46:39   

Thank you. I'll go back and try that. Maybe the reason why it didn't work for me before is that I tried when using MAMP. Cache problem or such, just my guess. Will do it live and come back to let you know later then :)

satirat / 2012-11-11 13:01:11   

@Arsondpi

I've done that, even live. But no success. By adding the codes below in the index.php file I downloaded from /htdocs/ndxzsite/default via cyberduck, then css #footer in style.css in the same folder. Then re-uploaded it back online.
------------>>>>

< div id='exhibit' >
< div class='container' >

< div class='top'>< /div >
< !-- text and image -- >
< plugin:page:exhibit / >
< !-- end text and image -- >

< /div >
< div id="footer" >(c) 2008-2012. All Rights Reserved.< /div >
< /div >
< plugin:page:append_page / >
< plugin:page:closing / >
< /body >
< /html >

-----------------
What do you think?
I will not move the code, so you can see how it's like here (that's nothing happen) satiratdamampai.com/project/mae-ying/

Thank you again for this.

satirat / 2012-11-11 13:03:22   

Ah, bold all down to the end. I meant just for one line of that footer. Not to mean shout or so :)

arsondpi / 2012-11-11 22:07:49   

I didn't see the footer div in your code... I did see the div called .bot having these info.
You can try to set the .bot as a footer to your page using css.

satirat / 2012-11-12 23:45:11   

You mean that line I inserted in index.php is not right/enough?
< div id="footer" >(c) 2008-2012. All Rights Reserved.< /div >

I have no idea about .bot you're talking about at all. Hmm.. something new to learn....

satirat / 2012-11-12 23:46:32   

Off topic a bit, don't know how and why all comments after that 'bold' mistake still keep being bold :)

satirat / 2013-01-12 19:47:36   

Sorry I come back to say thank you just now. Just have time to look through all the codes again.

Just my stupidity at the first try, and yeah now it works!

:)

This thread has been closed, thank you.