Slideshow, text on right?

dwills / 2012-11-20 15:38:19   

I know this question has been asked a few times in the forums and resolved, but I still cannot seem to find the answer that works for me.

I am using the Slideshow format and would like my text to be on the right of the image. I have attempted to edit the css files and php files for slideshow, attempting to float: left; for certain attributes, but again, no luck.

I know the div id is 'textspace' and class is 'placement-bottom/top' but again, cannot find them in the files.

I was hoping someone could give the modified code and instruct me on which files and lines to edit. This is very much appreciated.

Also, in a possibly related note. Once the text is moved right, where could I find its options for padding/margins?

Thank you!

Vaska A / 2012-11-20 16:00:14   

it is a bit more complicated than that. i actually made left and right text for the first slideshow 2 but i took them out when i put out the beta - too many features.

what you need to do is renovate both the format.slideshow.php file and plugin.jxs_slideshow.php files. hmmm, thinking on this...it's a bit much...

if i can find my original file i'll try to drop it in here for you to play with (but i'm on vacation at the moment). i'll try tommorrow when i'm at near some normal internet.

dwills / 2012-11-20 18:16:16   

I managed to find a very bootleg way of doing it, though I would not recommend it.

Under 'slideshow.css' :
I gave '#img-container' , '#slideshow-wrapper' and #textspace' all 'float:left' properties.
Then I applied a left margin to '#testspace p' enough to push it over past the image.

It's not pretty, but it solved my problem. That is, until I discover a new one because of it..

Thanks for your help Vaska. I'd still be curious to see how you did it.

Vaska A / 2012-11-21 01:48:22   

Floating left is essentially how it's done. Of course, I took it further than that though. ;)

paulchen25 / 2012-11-21 17:38:01   

Hi dwills
if this is what you are looking for, i could send you the format (right ext stays at same position and is not moving acording the image size)

robertpupeter.de/project/design-jugendherberge/

actually it's the first beta of slideshow for version 2.
on my site i use both, the latest beta and the first one... works somehow
greatings ... r

fabspano / 2013-01-27 21:12:05   

Hi !
i have the same problem.
Deal Paulchen, this is exactly what i'm looking for.
Is possible ti have a copy of the format?
Many thanks.

Fabiano

paulchen25 / 2013-01-28 13:15:41   

Here we go.
server.masalapicts.de/DIV/…

I hope it's the right one. But you know its a beta? actually it's the first beta version of the slideshow format for Indexhibit V2.

Dear Fabspano, If you ever find a way that the hight of the images could be made a fixed one like in horizontal format (by css??? ) and not befor uploading please leave me note.
Best. R

This thread has been closed, thank you.