Image titles and captions line height

britagranstrom / 2012-11-25 18:17:28   

can anyone tell me where to adjust the line height of image titles and caption please?
i am using the Visual Index format and need to customize it a little.
i'd post a link to show you but the site is password protected for now.
thanks...!

britagranstrom / 2012-11-27 02:42:13   

is anyone able to help with this please?

arsondpi / 2012-11-27 07:11:40   

oops - sorry britagranstrom
Can you post a url address so we can help further? Post a temporary password for a few days so we can see and then reset your password.

britagranstrom / 2012-12-03 23:42:49   

Hi arsondpi, sorry for the delay, I was away for a while. things have changed since I started this thread, but the best page for you to look at is here: britagranstrom.com/site/art/landscapes/
[there is no longer any password protection]
the first image is what you need to look at.

while working on the website I have had to change how I present some images, and have experimented with different exhibit formats. in some cases I need to use the title field to show the information that should normally be in the caption field, but as you can see in the first image the line heights are different.

so how do i adjust the line heights of the titles and caption fields?

thanks!

arsondpi / 2012-12-04 08:47:01   

I'm not sure how you did this to be honest. It seems that the first part in the caption is outside of the paragraph tag (and thus applying #img-container .captioning { line-height: 1.3em;} will fix the problem) and the second part the same caption is within paragraph tags (which has a line-height: 1.3em; in style.css)

britagranstrom / 2012-12-05 02:50:49   

all I did here was put the same text in both the title field and the caption field.
in title i used
to create the line breaks, but as you can see the line height is very different to the line height in the caption field.

I will see if I can figure it out based on the info in your reply.
thanks...

britagranstrom / 2012-12-09 04:10:10   

hi again arsondpi, I think i have resolved this now thanks.

for anyone else who reads this, I wanted to show the images seen at the top of this page with their titles, using the Visual Index format, but with no form of on-click action, ie grow, permalink etc... britagranstrom.com/site/info/sales/

The problem was that the images have a few lines of information which would normally be best placed in the caption field, but unfortunately the caption field isn't visible when you have no form of on-click action – only the title field can be seen. This meant that all the info had to go into the title field, and in doing this I found that the default line height here was much larger than normal and it looked weird when the text just a little below it had a much more normal line height.

So to solve this I managed to make sense of what arsondpi said. In the "base.css" file I added a line height of 1.3 ems to the following, all found at the bottom of "base.css"

#img-container
#img-container p
#img-container .captioning
#img-container .captioning .title
#img-container .captioning .caption

I originally tried to give them a line height that matched my "style.css" directly, of 19px, but for some reason that made no difference.

This thread has been closed, thank you.