delete sections?

gouvrit / 2012-11-26 14:45:20   

hi
I am just starting with indexhibit. Maybe I missed some tutorial about sections but I couldn't find about basic sections info or removing sections just about customizing.
I am trying to create my main menu through "sections". I don't know the difference between create exhibit & create indexlink
Is this -page made through indexhibit template- VS -external html that still opens the indexhibit body? e.g. a previous blog- ?

There is a "create" button on my main editing, and a "Create New Section" in the admin/sections page, but where can find where to delete my test sections?

I understand I can't delete my main section. I guess that is the one with the "home" label. Which should also be in the section path "root". Is this correct? As long as I don't touch this one I won't have to make a reset recovery.

Is "tag" just a shortcut for "section path"?

thank you

arsondpi / 2012-11-26 21:00:13   

You can delete the sections you don't want or need by Admin/Sections/Edit the section you want to delete and click the Delete button.

The Create->Exhibit creates an exhibit.
The Create->Index link creates an link in the index part of your website that inserts any external url in the exhibit part (main content area) of your page

gouvrit / 2012-11-28 15:30:16   

thank you! I looked everywhere and never saw the delete!
& for clarifying "create"

This thread has been closed, thank you.