alt img slideshow beta

aliwiper / 2012-11-26 18:40:34   

Hi, I am trying to edit the alt img attribute for my images in slideshow beta. I would like the alt to automatically be the same as the image filename, and I have tried adding alt=". $FileName ." to line 131 of format.slideshow.php - however, i'm not sure if its working. Is this the right way to do it and how do i check that it is actually showing the right alt? Thanks scribbleco.com/test1/index.php/work/science/

aliwiper / 2012-12-07 10:26:06   

OK, not sure if that question was too specific - but does anyone know if it is possible to affect the alt img at all with the slideshow beta? I have been playing with line 131 but I dont think it is working.

Also, is the title that is set in the CMS linked to the image as the "title"? I have a photo website, and would really like to be able to be sure that I have the right alt and title attributes for the images, at the moment it seems like I dont have any .... thanks for any help!

arsondpi / 2012-12-07 10:59:47   

The alt attribute is for elements that cannot be rendered for some reason - it's also used for screen reader browsers.
Why is it so important that you have the alt element set to show the title of the image?

aliwiper / 2012-12-07 11:10:17   

Just for SEO, everything I have read says that its important to make good use of alt and title, especially if you have a lot of images ... Do you think its not so important?

This thread has been closed, thank you.