Expanding Menu problem

MannyPalou / 2012-11-28 19:55:03   

Hello, I am starting to design a portfolio site at the temporary URL mykkiblanco.com . I am using the expandable menu plugin but having a problem with sections that I dont want to have an expanded menu. For example, the web section has several websites I want to have as an expanding menu, but the SOCIAL section is supposed to just be 1 page with no subsections. However, when clicking links that dont have sections, nothing happens. The page exists ( mykkiblanco.com/index.php/social/ ) but clicking the SOCIAL link doesnt actually do anything, only sub-section links work.

Seems like a stupid problem or an easy fix, sorry if it's been asked before!

Thanks, Manny

arsondpi / 2012-11-29 11:14:52   

Your site is password protected so I can't say much.
Nevertheless you can exclude sections from expanding in Admin->Plugins->Indexpand v1.0 /options

lucasariel / 2012-11-29 17:15:50   

Hi, I am having the same problem with Indexpand:
I have an exhibit 'A' which has other (expandable) exhibits under 'B', 'C', etc.

If I choose 'Mouse behaviour' -> hover:
mouse over 'A' and the exhibits 'B', 'C', are displayed. When clicking 'A', 'A' content is displayed in the right side.
If 'Mouse behaviour' -> click:
click on 'A', and 'B', 'C' are displayed, but no 'A' content is shown in the right side.
Simply, it doesn't point to 'A' (page title doesn't change).

Some help, please?
Thanks,
Lucas

lucasariel / 2012-11-29 17:16:29   

Just in case: lucasariel.com

arsondpi / 2012-11-30 07:59:58   

Hello - I'm not sure I understand... Can you explain what's the issue using names from your site?

lucasariel / 2012-11-30 09:35:55   

Hi again, arsondpi.

I would like to have a menu that with one single click, for instance in 'Audiovisual Works', I get at the same time:
- The exhibit of Audiovisual Works displayed on the right side.
- The submenus expanded in the index area (left).

At this time, if I set 'click' mouse option, then 'Audiovisual Works' menu is expanded, but 'Audiovisual Works' exhibit is not displayed.

I have to put 'hover' mouse option to be able to click and get the exhibit of 'Audiovisual Works'. But in this case, the menu is expanded automatically (which I don't want).

Any idea?
Thanks
Lucas

lucasariel / 2012-12-07 23:30:20   

Hi again,
simply, I would like to click on a section, and at the same time, have the submenu expanded, and the exhibit of the section displayed.

Currently, if I choose click 'mouse option', when I click on the section the submenu is expanded, but the exhibit content of the section is not displayed.

Any tip?
Thank you,
L.

davix / 2012-12-08 14:27:26   

I have exactly the same needs.

click on section=
- expanding of the submenu
- AND showing the exhibit of the section

is this possible?
thank you, d a v i x

arsondpi / 2012-12-08 14:44:01   

I remember getting this done with indexhibit by default. Many people didn't like it and it changed with just a brand new index.php file...
Maybe Vaska can shed some light in this.

davix / 2012-12-09 10:10:03   

Maybe Vaska can shed some light in this...?

Vaska A / 2012-12-09 10:11:54   

Davix, I don't understand the question...

And, people should be using Indexpand (found in plugins) not the old expanding menu thing.

davix / 2012-12-09 11:17:43   

Hi Vaska. I do use the indexpand-plugin.
I would like to have a menu that with one single click on the section-title does:
- expand the submenus (in the index area left).
- shows the exhibit of the section (on the right side).

I have to choose the 'hover' mouse option to be able to click AND get the exhibit of the section.
But in this case, the menu is indexpanding (and "closing" as well) automatically (which I don't want).

Vaska A / 2012-12-09 12:00:10   

I've told people this so many times over they years - it's not programmed to do both. You can do that with the hover option (it's both clickable and showable via hover).

If people want to customize it go for it...

Vaska A / 2012-12-09 12:03:43   

People don't seem to understand that if you click you get a page refresh - so the effect is totally killed anyways. Otherwise, you need alot of ajax/javascript and some serious reworking of how things work to make it happen (automatically showing things in the exhibit space)...maybe someday.

davix / 2012-12-10 12:30:24   

I see... page refresh.
ajax/javascript thats not my skills.
I still love indexhibit – will try to finde some other way fro my needs.
thanks.

Vaska A / 2012-12-10 12:32:04   

Try out the hover option - I recommend making the transition 0 speed then.

This thread has been closed, thank you.