include links to other sections on startpage

maxkrueger / 2012-11-29 17:22:42   

Hey there, I would like the pictures on the indexpage to link to other sections of my portfolio. I didnt find out how to do it using the indexhibit interface. Then I tried to include the links in the code but couldnt find the right document.

Do you have other ideas how to do this? Can anyone help me with it?

Thanks a lot in advance!
Max

arsondpi / 2012-11-29 19:03:34   

Create a section.
edit it and click Exhibit Options
select Visual Index as Exhibit Format and then section as your media source.
click close.
Now the first image of each exhibit that is under this section will be shown as a link to the exhibit itself... It may sound complicated but try it and you'll understand how it works.

maxkrueger / 2012-12-01 16:01:21   

Yeah, thanks a lot! Thats it! almost at least: ideally, the first picture would only appear as a link on the main page, but not in the actual exhibit, do you know what i mean? Is that possible? Anyway, thanks a lot for your help!

Vaska A / 2012-12-01 16:07:59   

The default works this way...

The first image in an exhibit is used as the thumbnail display where it's contextually supposed to do that kind of thing - even if the image is not 'active' (a setting you can choose when you are editing the title and caption).

And, in an exhibit, since the image is not active, it will not appear.

Because of this behavior, people are able to create special cover artwork that represents the exhibit (but doesn't need to appear in the exhibit itself).

So, I believe that solves your issue...

maxkrueger / 2012-12-04 14:21:39   

Perrrrfect! Thanks a lot!! Thats exactly what I wanted to do, create cover artwork.

This thread has been closed, thank you.