Horizontal format problem

Indexhibit version: 2.0
Thread is resolved.

yayoboy
ITALY
2 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

yayoboy.com/digital/
you will see the exhibition has an horizonal layout, but what it's really strange, the images are double and the second pair is in vertical...wtf?

yayoboy
ITALY
2 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

actually i created a second exhibition with documenta format an get a similar problem, vertically i get first the big images then the thumbnails :/

arsondpi
GREECE
2 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

Check this thread: indexhibit.org/forum/thread/17200/
Have you been customising any css file that breaks things up?

yayoboy
ITALY
2 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

no changes to any css!

arsondpi
GREECE
2 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

You have inserted an image in the text box area and you may also need to change the text box width (Admin/Formats/Horizontal, options).
Fix these and see if things work as they ought to.

yayoboy
ITALY
2 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

yes i've inserted images in the textbox, is there any other way to attach images to an exhibition?

yayoboy
ITALY
2 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

i have changed the format settings like that
separator 50
text width 0
text padding 5
text box height 0

but images still appear in horizonal and vertical

yayoboy
ITALY
2 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

no solutions for this?

Best Answer!
Vaska A
UNITED STATES
2 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

yes i've inserted images in the textbox, is there any other way to attach images to an exhibition?

Yes, but no. If you insert them manually then you have to play with spacing appropiately - otherwise, you must allow the format to function within it's own rules.

No solution needed...you simply need to use the tool appropriately.

yayoboy
ITALY
2 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

so when i create the exhibition i upload the images and they stai in the box under the text area, which is the right way to add the images? maybe i don't understand how to do it in the right way

Vaska A
UNITED STATES
2 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

There are additionals options for the format in Admin > Formats > Horizontal - just enable them.

But, as I said, you are adding images to the text space and you don't need to that. It's like putting water into a car - this format is not designed to be used that way.

yayoboy
ITALY
2 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

ok i did a try removing the images text in the text area and now the horizontal works, but the Visual index shows the thumbnail from left to right on top and top to bottom, but i changed to horizontal so for now it's not a problem :) thanks
i thought that once the images were uploaded i had to put them in the text area :)

yayoboy
ITALY
2 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

the only problem i can see right now is the section name that is clickable

Showing 1 - 13 of 13 posts in Forum » Customize » Horizontal format problem

This thread has been closed, thank you.