set the image container width in horizontal exhibit format

lanourrice / 2012-12-05 19:43:13   

Hello,
here is a page of the site i am building (trying to...) with indexhibit (lanourrice.fr/index.php/projects/bourges---chancellerie/) in horizontal exhibition format.
I custumized the position of the index and consequently the position of image and text (div.textor).
Now, I am woried with the img-container which is set for a maximum width smaller than the content I expect to show. It results that the last image is sent to the line below.
I try to assign an attribute { width : auto; } in base.css but it seems the exhibit format overwrite this. Then how can I menage to have all my images on one horizontal line whatever there is three four or five of them ?

Any help for this would be very gratefull !! Olivier

Vaska A / 2012-12-05 20:26:33   

You can't set the width to auto because that would only be the width of the browser window or it's outlying div (assuming it had an explicit width).

There is no reason to change the setting - doing so means you are using it in a way not intended.

lanourrice / 2012-12-06 09:06:31   

Thanks for your answer, and great work !

But still, here is precisely what I can't understand : I just styled margin and padding for #index and #textor in css and did not change settings in format.horizontal.php. (exept the text width)

My problem doesn't seem to come from a width limitation of #img.container, for it is always different from one exhibit to another when I check (firebug) in 'projets' section (lanourrice.fr/index.php/projects/parthenay---maison-de-lemploi/ for instance)

In fact it's always the last image which is sent below, whatever the number of image I charge and i can't figure out why. What could make it work differently from the previous padding and margin settings

arsondpi / 2012-12-06 11:44:04   

Hey - have you tried adjusting things from Admin->Formats->Horizontal/Options
;-)

lanourrice / 2012-12-06 14:31:41   

yes i have tried that, but still have the same display with Admin->Formats->Horizontal/Options ...

Moreover I have inserted html code for the table in the upper part of the text block (#textor), and the adjustment option affect only the text in the lower part and not the code content... which I style with the css.

Is there anything to deal with the position atribute of #index ?? Well still investigating :-(

lanourrice / 2012-12-06 17:33:28   

ok problem resolved.

The fact to assign a margin to div.textor in the css was the origin of the wrong display (though i still can't explain why...)

in the configuration i was looking for (index in the middle, with text on left and images on right) i needed to enlarge div.textor untill the right border of the index, so the first div.separator and following images would place themselves and start beyond the index. I set that in format.horizontal.php line 118

Then to force the text in my html to keep in my table width (by default all text element in ndxzstudio text editor will follow the div.textor width in this format), i assign a style width to the tag

as follow

It maybe "du bricolage" but seems to work... (lanourrice.fr/index.php/projects/parthenay---maison-de-lemploi/)

thank you for your great job on indexhibit

Vaska A / 2012-12-06 17:36:39   

Hey, that looks great!

lanourrice / 2012-12-06 17:38:31   
  1. oups the code left... i meant <p style="width: 295px;"> </p>

This thread has been closed, thank you.