Visual Index - Delete certain galleries?

petrakka / 2012-12-07 23:40:24   

Hey all - can't seem to figure this one out - I am trying to hide certain galleries from my visual index.

I am using the visual index as my front page for my site and using source = all but there are a few galleries I don't want showing up. I have them listed as hidden but that's not doing it.

site in progress is at peterghoffman.com/…

Thanks for any help!

arsondpi / 2012-12-08 06:38:46   

Simply switch Publish to Off.

petrakka / 2012-12-08 17:31:17   

Sorry I should have been more specific - I still want the galleries to be visible via a link from elsewhere that I am including - so they still need to be published.

most specifically right now I have links at the bottom of this gallery to two others, one of which includes images - and I need that gallery to functional for the link to it, but then I don't want published on the main index page.

peterghoffman.com/2013/index.php/project/chchnz/

Vaska A / 2012-12-08 17:36:12   

This is a version 2 thread - we can see that you have neither requested/nor purchased so you must be talking about version 1.

petrakka / 2012-12-08 18:22:36   

Hey Vaska - sorry about that. You'll see it purchased now.
I have been working with my brother on making this here and he already had bought version 2 - but to clarify, yes this is a 2.0 question.

Vaska A / 2012-12-08 18:38:42   

Thanks Peter - I think that as a creator you can understand that if you set some specific guidelines about your work you feel that it's warranted. There really is nothing I can do, but when I see it in our forum I can not help. Purchasers, although we are not explicit about it, do get help first around here (as best as we can). The admin are able to know this information...

To answer your question, right now there isn't a way to do what you are asking. We would need to add yet another button along the lines of "hide from visual index" and we're not ready to do that. I am aware of this particular scenario and I don't have a solution myself...

We already need to revamp the 'sections' media source, or add a new one, because the current one doesn't do the job completely.

But, there might be another way. Make a hidden section, don't publish the section page, move your exhibit to that space and then create an Exhibit Link with the url to your hidden exhibit and it might work. I realize that's a little complicated, but Exhibit Link's were partly created for these unusual circumstances (I've seen many of them over the years).

Vaska A / 2012-12-08 18:41:10   

Actually, I think I made that too complicated. Simply create a hidden section and publish your exhibits from there. I believe they will not appear in the index or the visual index then. Strike what I said about Exhibit Links - doesn't apply here...

;)

petrakka / 2012-12-08 19:23:51   

Yea - no explanation necessary - I completely understand and feel a bit like a dolt about that. An oversight on me and/or my brother's part (I don't know what license he got - he's out of town this weekend which is why I'm trying to fend for myself on building this at the moment). I'm not the most organized (as my current site's condition might allude to).

Anyways - so I tried the hidden + unpublished section + hidden but published gallery but that gallery is still showing up in the "All" of visual index.

I am guessing really what I would have to do is basically make this gallery on a separate site (either make another indexhibit on my server or make a tumblr or something?) so that the visual index just can't be referencing it. I think it's the only gallery that will need that so it's not such a big deal.

This thread has been closed, thank you.