slideshow- relative image size

xikki / 2012-12-28 11:00:16   

hello
i would like to know whether it is possible to make images in slideshow format fill up always 50% of the screen (left, i.e.)
i tried messing around with the slideshow.css and style.css in a similar way to what was explained in this thread:
indexhibit.org/forum/thread/17843/
but still cant get exactly what i want.
tried to find the appropriate div to style, but couldn't...
i would appreciate any guideline, tnx!

arsondpi / 2012-12-28 12:14:59   

Because stuff are wrapped in div's and some of them have a position: absolute; attribute, means that an easy solution is not as easy as in the other thread.
I guess a "clever man" would use js and incorporate it to the slideshow script.

xikki / 2012-12-28 19:19:25   

tnx. being a "clever woman", i will try to deal with that in the future then :)
in the mean time- what would i need to style (if possible, of course) in order to get slideshow images aligned to the center of the page. by this i don't mean centered, but this: image being on the left side of the screen and having a right border aligned to the exact center?
tnx once again for fast answers, and sorry for being tiresome. i just enjoy working with indexhibit a lot, and keep on having more and more ideas on how to use it. it is a great tool!

arsondpi / 2012-12-28 21:01:30   

hmm... I don't really understand what "a right border aligned to the exact center" means.
Wouldn't that depend on the browser window size?

xikki / 2012-12-29 14:17:27   

exactly. it depends on the window size, therefore the right margin would somehow have to be on 50% of the window. is that possible?

arsondpi / 2012-12-29 15:10:01   

As I mentioned in my first post, yes it is, but you need javascript, css and php skills.

xikki / 2012-12-30 12:09:08   
  1. ok, i think i am on my way towards the solution...
  2. here is what i did for now: 
  3. 1. changed the position of div #slide1000 to relative (in slideshow.php)
  4. 2. added  #exhibit #slideshow {  width: 50.5%; height: auto; } (in slideshow.css)
  5. 3. added .picture { float: right; } (in slideshow.css)

now i have images, whatever size they are, aligned to the middle of the window.
next step would be to try to make the images always fit in that 50%, but i will leave that for later.
Right now i am asking (since my coding skills are very low, and i am doing this changes mostly based on common sense and try/error method)- am i on the right path, or am i messing up things to much?
tnx, and happy holidays!

xikki / 2012-12-30 12:10:04   

and sorry for the wrong use of code marks. something went wrong there...

arsondpi / 2012-12-30 14:17:16   

there is no "right" way of doing things - if it works it works (as long as it validates and works crossbrowser etc)!

This thread has been closed, thank you.