error 404 not found

laurence / 2012-12-31 10:32:25   

Hello,
I'm doing the upgrade in version 2 of my website.
I've followed the instructions very precisely but arriving at the step "installation" i have fill the installation field but when i want to submit it nothing happens and i have an "error 404 not found" message when i'm trying to acces my website.

Anyone can help me out with this problem?

Thank you!!

laurence / 2012-12-31 10:34:36   

i've forgot to link to my website... vandeneeckhoudtcreyf.be

arsondpi / 2012-12-31 12:04:01   

it seems you're already installed...
vandeneeckhoudtcreyf.be/ndxzstudio/…

or not?

laurence / 2012-12-31 14:19:40   

i've done everything until :
"Indexhibit will now ask you if you wish to import the content from your previous site. Simply push the button and it will proceed."
This step never appears, i'm stucked to the "submit" thing before.
si i don't think the installation is completed, no?

Vaska A / 2012-12-31 15:10:06   

Bonjour Laurence

Are you doing an upgrade or starting fresh?

laurence / 2012-12-31 15:16:11   

Salut Vaska! I'm doing an upgrade

laurence / 2012-12-31 15:17:30   

i've reload the files
index.php
/ndxzsite/
/ndxzstudio/
and set the permissions as it is mentionned and now i have an 500 internal server error...

laurence / 2012-12-31 15:31:03   

i've change the permissions of files and folders on the root level. 644 to files et 755 to folders (as read in forum) and now it says that i'm already installed.

laurence / 2012-12-31 15:32:37   

and when i try to go to my website, i have the error message "404 not found"...
any idea of what is wrong?
thank you!

Vaska A / 2012-12-31 15:43:57   

Are you using an FTP app or some built-in tool from the host?

laurence / 2012-12-31 15:45:02   

i'm using fetch

Vaska A / 2012-12-31 15:50:35   

So, let's get this straight...

You tried to install and at what point did it fail? Did you ever get to the screen where it asks you about importing the old data?

And, did you at any point change the login/password for your database?

laurence / 2012-12-31 15:51:21   

i've tried to do vandeneeckhoudtcreyf.be/…
it worked, i arrived on the login page
i've used index1/exhibit as my Login/Password (as read in a thread of the forum) but it didn't worked. I've used up all of my login attempts (trying with index1/exhibit) and i'm waiting for a new password by mail... if i well understood.

Vaska A / 2012-12-31 15:55:46   

When did you download the files from our site?

It's clear that the install/upgrade failed - it's the first one I've seen fail since July (when I vastly improved the tools).

I'd like to take a look - can you send me your FTP info and a login so I can look into the database (hosting control panel).

contact at indexhibit dot org

laurence / 2012-12-31 15:56:25   

sorry Vaska, i didn't seen your answer before my last post

to resume :
i did everything until "installation". I've filled all the fields and nothing happened after that. I've never get to the screen where its asks me about importing the old data.
I didn't change the login/password of my database.

laurence / 2012-12-31 15:58:03   

i've download it begin of december 2012.
i'll send you my ftp info right now
thank you!

Vaska A / 2012-12-31 16:52:47   

After 40 mins of looking for the problem - the host for whatever reason has disabled her database privileges for the CREATE command. I double verified this. So, she simply needs to get them to correct that (because it's not an Indexhibit issue and there are no tools in the hosting control panel to change this) and things should work just fine.

;)

laurence / 2013-01-04 17:04:08   

Hello!
I've contacted ovh but it seems that they can't do anything.

They asked me : "how you run commands to create table? is it from phpmyadmin or other? Access to the database is distant?" "all external access to the database is unauthorized"

I answered them that i was using fetch...

They told me "For the command that you run to create the tables we note no permissions problem so then I invite you to try to do it via phpmyadmin :phpmyadmin.ovh.net/ , and let us know"

Since that, i've tried via phpmyadmin but it's really not like when i'm using fetch and i absolutely don't know what to do...
I'm waiting for an answer from ovh about it...

When i do :
vandeneeckhoudtcreyf.be/ndxzstudio/…
i have a message "you are already installed".

I've tried to put back the old index.php to have back my website but i have a new error message (vandeneeckhoudtcreyf.be/…):

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /homez.41/vandenee/www/ndxz-studio/defaults.php on line 16

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /homez.41/vandenee/www/ndxz-studio/common.php on line 73

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /homez.41/vandenee/www/ndxz-studio/common.php on line 93

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 261900 bytes) in /homez.41/vandenee/www/ndxz-studio/common.php on line 140

and when i do vandeneeckhoudtcreyf.be/ndxzstudio/
i have the login and password window but my login and password doesn't work...

I'm lost
could you please help?
Thank you!

Vaska A / 2013-01-04 17:08:51   

They are telling you that even with the tools THEY provide (PHPMyAdmin) you are not able to make changes to the database. This is not an Indexhibit issue - this is 100% on them.

My guess is that you are on an older server and they are too lazy to think about the problem...

I'm sorry, but they are being ridiculous (again).

laurence / 2013-01-04 17:48:52   

Thank you for your answer, i've send a new request to ovh to fix the problem.
Do you know why if i put the old version of index.php it doesn't work anymore?
(i don't have any website anymore... )

Thank you for your help.

Vaska A / 2013-01-04 19:38:33   

It actually does work but those are deprecation notices - old code needs to be updated. You can simply suppress the output of them (I wish webhosts would do that by default).

laurence / 2013-01-05 18:39:13   

trying to solve the problem i've reload my back up of the former version (index.php, index.html, files, ndx-studio) but nothing happens except a blank page...
Could it be because all my folders are in permission 755 and files in 604 (and not 644)?
I'm lost... i really don't know how to start to solve that.

I had an aswer from ovh and they tell that there is no permission problem on my FTP but it is a programmation problem which is in direct relation with y files and php scripts loaded during the execution of index.php.

does it speak to you?

thank you

Vaska A / 2013-01-05 20:49:39   

Yes, I noticed the permissions issue on files - I spent nearly an hour correcting those myself.

So, they are still blaming Indexhibit for problems that are clearly reproduced with the tools THEY provide as part of their hosting package? Geez...there is nothing I can do about them refusing to fix their server.

Tell them to go into your account and try to CREATE new tables on your database via PHPMyAdmin - if they can't see that problem then you'll need to find a new host.

This thread has been closed, thank you.