Menu in the index section

antoine_puisais / 2013-01-03 09:39:23   

Hi,
I've bought the latest version of Indexhibit and it works just perfect, I've already create sections and download images and it looks like that:
- antoinepuisais.fr

Thanx a lot for this usefull tool !

But now, I'd like to customize the menu in the Index section and make it looks like in this website:
- christianpatterson.com

I mean with the name of the sections in Bold, black color, not clickable and the subsections, regular, grey color and clickable.
I'm really a beginner with the code, I've bought a teaching book and spend times on the forum but there's some points I don't get it :
-Do I have to make changes only in the style.css code or also in base.css, index.php, reset.css ?
-Do I have to make changes in the "styling the Index" part of the style.css code ?

Thanks a lot !

arsondpi / 2013-01-03 10:35:42   

Hello!
You need to improve the structure of your site.
Currently you have everything in just one section.

To create/add sections go to Admin/Sections/Create new section
Then create/move exhibits in your new sections.

Go to Admin/Assets/Theme/style.css and find/edit:

1. #index ul.section span.section_title, #index ul.section span.section_title a { font-weight: bold; color: #000; }
  2. #index ul.section li.exhibit_title a:link { font-weight: normal; color: #ccc; }

Of course you may need to adjust the above to your needs, but this gives you a headstart...

aaronwojack / 2013-01-03 17:04:19   

I have a question on top of this one. Is it possible to make certain sections linkable and others not? I am hoping to have the first to sections show up as lists in the index and the last show the index page for that section.

I would like the sections called "Portfolio" and "Projects" to not show the index page if clicked. However I WOULD like the Commisions sections to show the index page when clicked.

aaronwojack.com/2013/index.php/work/

Does this make sense?

antoine_puisais / 2013-01-05 19:56:34   

Hi Arsondpi,
Thanx a lot for your quick response, I'm gonna try that !!

aubreyburke / 2013-01-07 07:26:02   

"Is it possible to make certain sections linkable and others not?"
( in the menu bar )

I am also trying to figure this out.... Any suggestions?

This thread has been closed, thank you.