navigating forth/back in Horizontal

Indexhibit version: 2.0
Thread is not resolved.

manos
GREECE
1 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

happy new year everybody.
got my site up (at long last) a couple of days ago ( manosch.net ).
All fine and lovely. All exhibits are in Horizontal. The feedback I got is that some people miss a way of scrolling by either a) click and drag on the images, or b) by a "next" button leading just to the next image or c) be scrolling with the wheel mouse. Regarding "c" I've checked the threads and it seems not to be working on 2.0 or at least needing a Vaskaesque knowledge which I don't possess. But how about "a" and "b"?

Tristanh
IRELAND
1 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

Hey there,
Just checked your site and 'c' is working. As for 'b', I think that isnt applicable in horizontal format, no? 'a' I am not so sure I understand. Can you elborate.

By the by, 'Falling Cloudberries' has been one of my favourite cookbooks for the last few years, and great photography - well done!
Tris

arsondpi
GREECE
1 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

I'm planing to do this at some point - maybe as a theme but it requires time and coding skills (which I will need help with)

The good thing is that I found the jquery script to do this.
It's a start...

Tristanh
IRELAND
1 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

great stuff Arsondpi, thanks for that!
T.

Vaska A
UNITED STATES
1 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

I want to eat that cookbook right now. ;)

Tristanh
IRELAND
1 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

AHAH! It sure does look and taste nom.

manos
GREECE
1 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

Guys, thanx a bunch for the appreciation!
@Vaska: I'm also a huge fan of indexhibit man. Intend to deepen my knowledge with time.
@Tristanh: Also love the Cloudberries. Has become a cult thing with time I suppose. Does "c" work? really? You mean that by scrolling the wheel, the images scroll horizontaly? I copied some code from a thread but a friend with a mouse (I use trackpad) said it didn't work. "a" means moving like you would on google maps.
@Arsondpi: Kali Chronia, let me know when you've wrote this. I'm trying to make the scrolling simpler. Many people don't seem to get it

manos
GREECE
1 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

Sorry for being pushy, but from what I understand from what you all wrote there seems to be no way of click and drag the images forth and back, to navigate hm? (except of course the scrollbar)

Vaska A
UNITED STATES
1 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

I think you could use Jquery's draggable library to do that but I think it could render links dead.

This kind of thing fundamentally breaks the way web browsers work so it's not the kind of thing I setup on default exhibit formats.

I do agree, looking at OS X 10.8, it's clear that we need to rethink things because the scrollbars are becoming minimal too (and I love that).

manos
GREECE
1 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

I also love the mini scrollbars, and "Horizontal" is great with trackpads and tablets. Since it also works with the left-right arrows (just scrolls a bit jumpy") it maybe would be practical to enhance it into the direction. Like jumping to the next image or make it scroll smoothly in a cinematic "panning" kind of way. Just dropping ideas here, don't even know if all this is possible. But it would be great.

Showing 1 - 10 of 10 posts in Forum » Customize » navigating forth/back in Horizontal

This thread has been closed, thank you.