embed flv code???

gwarsh / 2008-09-25 06:17:32   

how do I embedd this in to a project

or do I use

This text will be replaced

var so = new SWFObject('http://juicyredapple.com/player.swf','mpl','700','400','9');
so.addParam('allowscriptaccess','always');
so.addParam('allowfullscreen','true');
so.addParam('flashvars','&file=video.flv&backcolor=dedfd9&screencolor=dedfd9&controlbar=none&stretching=exactfit');
so.write('player');

non of this code from http://www.jeroenwijering.com/ works when I put it in the project text box

AntoineLafontaine / 2008-09-25 06:28:39   

gwarsh,

swfobject is not included with indexhibit. You would need to include it and make it available to your page/template.

After that, if you want the code you put in the exhibit text box to be "executed" by indexhibit, you need to turn off page processing. (this is found in the advanced options on your exhibit)

This is an advanced technique, so please try to read a bit more about how to use swfobject from their website. Just copy and pasting the code will not provide you with the expected result.

Hope this helps.

gwarsh / 2008-09-25 06:41:58   

any ideas how to include this...I am not the techy person...scratches head?

AntoineLafontaine / 2008-09-25 07:05:42   

Maybe one day there will be a plugin to make this easy, but for now you are on your own.

This forum is about helping people to learn how to manage their things by themselves. Most people here are not "techy" and they've managed to make great sites. I do not mean to be rude, but first show us (me) you've tried to get the stuff together and I will gladly help you to ease the rough edges.

Like I said, swfobject's site is full of great information on how to use the library. If this is too hard to grasp, read more tutorials to get a better grasp at how thing flow in a webpage. If you can manage to embed the flash player with an flv in a test page, I will gladly lend a hand to get that in indexhibit.

This thread has been closed, thank you.