Maintain a highlight on a menu item when a page is visited

wfergs / 2013-01-10 01:09:48   

How do I maintain a highlight on a menu item when a page is visited? The only info. I found in the forum applies to the old version of Indexhibit, or so I think. Any help would be greatly appreciated. (I have been able to accomplish this where the highlight spans that entire line on the menu, but I would like only the word to remain highlighted, not the entire line.)

wfergs.com

arsondpi / 2013-01-10 07:29:19   

so, for example, you want just one word of the exhibit title to be highlighted when you visited that exhibit?

wfergs / 2013-01-10 17:20:58   

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I would like the entire exhibit title (in the menu area) to be highlighted when someone visits the exhibit. I have been able to accomplish this upon hover and active but not when the page is visited.

For example, when someone clicks Photo, I would like Photo to be highlighted while the viewer browses that page.

arsondpi / 2013-01-10 17:25:10   

This works for section titles:

1. #index .active_section_title { background: yellow; }
wfergs / 2013-01-10 17:35:01   

On my site, this highlights the entire line of the section title. (I left it like that so you can see what I mean.) How would I highlight just the section title and not the entire line the section title is on? Thanks again!

lemathieu A / 2013-01-10 17:46:26   

Hello,
first of all, you have the same rule in 3 different css (base.css and style.css and index.php) : font-weight (bold in one, normal in the other)…
You can't do that. Adjust styles via css stylesheet(s).
Better to fix problems ;)

arsondpi / 2013-01-10 18:01:39   

In order to highlight just the word use only this rule in the style.css

1. #index .active_section_title a { background: #d0d; }

Of course you can adjust the colour to your own liking...

wfergs / 2013-01-10 18:16:47   

Awesome, that's exactly what I was looking for! Thank you, arsondpi. And, thanks for the input, lemathieu. I'm (obviously) very new to this but am doing my best to learn. The forum has been really helpful.

This thread has been closed, thank you.