Slideshow Autoplay

mpcv / 2013-01-12 12:44:25   

Hi everyone!

I've seen that recently you launched some beta formats for testing, one of them is the slideshow, that I like very much.

I was testing it, and I was wondering, if it would be possible to create one option for the slideshow to have an Autoplay that we could activate in the format options... Along with the options you have created in the slideshow beta, I would also like to have the option to have a slideshow that could be just some images fading automatically into other images... without thumbnails or navigation...

Also, would it be possible to have more options for the text placement? I mean, to be possible to have the text, not only top or bottom, but also left or right? This would give more layout options, that I would like to have..

Would it be possible for you to add this features to the format for the official release?

thanks in advance!
keep up the good work!

arsondpi / 2013-01-12 14:27:49   

Nearly everythings possible if you have coding skills.
Vaska on the other hand has a rather big list of stuff coming up - so, who knows?
:-)

andreaph / 2014-01-14 10:06:37   

hi
i am also interested in the autoplay function
it´s been a year since these comments were posted
anyone out there? any hints?

arsondpi / 2014-01-14 10:26:39   

There is a thread around about this with someone who shared the format as a download. Last time I checked though, the download link was dead...

andreaph / 2014-01-14 11:18:05   

i know
sounded great, just what i wanted but link was dead

bipster / 2014-01-15 22:27:08   

You can download it here:

Edited: removed by vaska - see my post below.

andreaph / 2014-01-21 11:52:19   

hi bipster, thanks for the link
eventhought the file says slideshowAP it doesn´t have an autoplay option
i can just assume i´m stupid or that i don´t make myself clear

bipster / 2014-01-21 12:07:05   

Yes, it does have an autoplay option. To install the plugin you have to:

- put the .js file in /ndxzsite/js/
- put the .css file in /ndxzsite/css/
- put the .php files in /ndxzsite/plugin/

the FTP application you use will ask you to overwrite some files. Do it. Then go the Plugins section in Indexhibit2 and disable and then enable the Slideshow plugin again. Then, you should see an Autoplay option in the Exhibit Options.

eileen / 2014-01-22 17:00:36   

Hi, in my slideshow format, after downloading and installing, i do have an autoplay option which i've selected but it doesn't autoplay. Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks!

Vaska A / 2014-01-22 17:51:03   

Guys, this is why we don't allow releasing these things via our forum anymore.

The work needs to be finished, good and approved by Indexhibit before we'll allow this kind of thing (and then we can do it via our plugins section).

I'm removing the link bip... ;)

Vaska A / 2014-01-22 17:52:27   

Sorry eileen, but until somebody completes this format it's not available. It probably does not work because it never really worked properly.

This thread has been closed, thank you.