Project Description on the Post-Nav Area

renno / 2013-01-15 15:30:15   

Dear Indexhibit users,
i was wondering if there is a simple way to make the project description to appear on the Post-Nav area. Currently i am using the columner theme, and the horizontal format. current website: renno.info

i am trying to make a project description a bit like my older indexhibit:
kawazs.com/sired/clean/…
(the "+" button, on the top right corner)...

here is a link for the sketch:
renno.info/…

I just have basic html skills so any help will be apreciatted,
Thanks in advance

arsondpi / 2013-01-15 15:57:16   

Hmm, will this thread help?
indexhibit.org/forum/thread/16570/

renno / 2013-01-15 17:01:54   

Thanks Arsondpi,
it will help for the second part (expanding the info with a click),
first i want to know how to simply put the project info fixed up there (in the post-nav of columner theme)...
I just need to know which part of the code is the project info, and what to do with it.
I am a bit lost with the new sctructure of indexhibit.
Is it inside the horizontal format? or in the index.php?
thanks again

arsondpi / 2013-01-15 17:56:13   

You need to use css to position the button and the text. It comes down to what you want to do'..

renno / 2013-01-15 18:09:01   
Ok,
but i mean i am looking for the code to automatically imput the description on the post nav. using firebug i found this about the text area:

but i am not sure where is this "textor", and if i can put it in the post-nav in a way that it understand that my project description will always appear on there...
Sorry if i am not being very clear, i am bit stupid with code to explain it clearly...
Thanks for the feedback
renno / 2013-01-15 18:10:38   
  1. Oh oh, 
  2. the code did not show,
  3. <div id="img-container">
  4. <div class="textor" style="float: left; width: 200px;">
  5. <p>blabablalablsbdalbsldbal babds,nasnmd b;a;ksd</p>
  6. </div>
arsondpi / 2013-01-15 19:38:06   

textor is a div that wraps the text and does not apply for all formats.
Basically you need to edit the plugin that you're using and add/edit it, to wrap the text in a div.

renno / 2013-01-15 19:48:35   

By plugin you mean the format, theme or a specific plugin?
Thanks

arsondpi / 2013-01-15 20:43:37   

sorry, the format that you're using.

renno / 2013-01-15 20:56:25   

Great!
Ok so I create a new div, that i put outside of the text area of all the formats? (or inside?)
In case of the horizontal, do i keep the "textor"? or just rename it to something else to match all formats? (I think i'll only use horizontal and visual index by the way)
And in the post-nav, i use some sort of php stuff to call this content to appear?
Thank you very much

arsondpi / 2013-01-15 21:08:30   

you need to edit all the formats that you're using and have the content of your text area wrapped into a div. It would be wise to call it's id/class the same so you'll need to play around with just one css selector. If you go through the link I posted above, you'll notice that javascript is needed to make the text toggle...

renno / 2013-01-15 23:05:28   

Ok, i think i got it, it will take a while but i hope i can do that...
The toggle effect i was able to do that using firebug, but at the same time the text pull the entire webpage down, and don't flow above the content as suppose to do... i tried to define the position as fixed but didn't worked out... maybe i am missing something...
Thanks for all the responses and patience

This thread has been closed, thank you.