Visual Index width and margin

marcel301 / 2013-01-21 18:18:05   

Hello everybody,

I just updated my website from indexhibit v0.70d to Version 2.0
The new options are great and espiacially the Visual Index was something I was really looking forward to.

This ist how the page looks like at the moment: marcel-schwickerath.de/indexhibit2/
This is how I would have it to look like (its just a photoshoped jpg to explain what I mean: marcel-schwickerath.de/…

And here are my questions:

1) How can I adjust the margin between the thumbs?
right margin and bottom margin is set to 7 in administration >> format >> visual index

2) I'd like the title (Marcel Schwickerath), the menue, and all text and images centered. I am using the column-theme, so it's basically the title, menu and text.
the text ist sort of centered, but at a point that is not the center of the page (or the image container)

Thank you and best
Marcel

Vaska A / 2013-01-21 18:35:48   

1. Admin > Format > Visual Index (options)
- set your margins to whatever you want
- set your grid to left/soft

2. Do the above first and then we'll look deeper...it will be a little work...

marcel301 / 2013-01-21 18:54:50   

Thank's for this quick respond Vaska.

This works almost the way I wanted it. But now I have 4 columns instead of 3 and this does not change when I set the counter in the exhibit options on 3.

If you think it's not possible to get 3 columns in left/soft-setup (I think i read something like that in another post), 4 columns are ok too, 3 would have been nicer :-)

Vaska A / 2013-01-21 19:33:14   

With left/soft for the grid it's not as easy to calculate the column widths since it inherently does not have hard columns. Perhaps in the future we'll find a solution for that but at the moment we don't have one (I can add it to the bug list but it will be a little while before I can look at it - have some big things coming out soon).

Vaska A / 2013-01-21 19:34:20   

I guess you could force the width of the #img-container to constrain the width (via CSS) but it would do this for every instance of visual index you use - that might be exactly what you want though.

This thread has been closed, thank you.