disable the auto expand on page load?

adriandilena / 2013-01-23 05:48:26   

Hi Folks,

I asked this question recently in a post here : indexhibit.org/forum/thread/18023/

The thread has been closed and I am unable to follow up.

I was hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction with my problem. I am using indexpand with the columner theme. The problem: when using this combo is that the menus don't collapse/reset after clicking on a new page within the menu. This means that you've got a menu expanded down over your content.
I would like to know how to make the menu reset upon page load.

Vaska had mentioned that it wouldn't be too hard, but I am not a terribly proficient coder and definitely not with Javascript. Looking for a hint here.

Thanks.
website is

adriandilena / 2013-01-23 05:49:30   

philipmckee.justthoughtyoushouldknow.ca/

arsondpi / 2013-01-23 07:51:51   

not sure if this is going to work but in the indexpand javascript find

1.         // make sure the active section is unfolded
  2.         $('ul#' + options.active_section + ' li span').next('ul:first').show()

and make it into

1.         // make sure the active section is unfolded
  2.         $('ul#' + options.active_section + ' li span').next('ul:first').hide()

and see if this works.

adriandilena / 2013-01-23 17:29:12   

Ok...
First of all - THANK YOU SO MUCH. When ever I tell people about indexhibit, one of the selling features is definitely the support community that exists here. Vaska, Arsondpi and others have been so helpful. Thanks!

in response to this problem. I tried your fix and it didn't work. Then on a whim, I used 'reset' instead of 'hide' in the exact same place you suggested - and ... it worked!

Thanks so much.

Adrian

Vaska A / 2013-01-23 17:38:42   

Interesting, I'm not even up on reset(). Thanks for posting your results...

adriandilena / 2013-01-23 19:46:58   

It was actually just an experiment based on your description in the previous thread listed above. funny how things work out.

thanks again.

This thread has been closed, thank you.