Visual index images as link to another visual index

lebiniou / 2013-01-25 10:58:02   

Hi,
I'm building my portfolio using the version 2 of indexhibit.
I would like to have visual index style images on my homepage which link
to the visual index of my sections.
So I create indexhibit links on my homepage, but when I click on the images,
it displays the entire page (with my pre-nav, menus…) and not just the exhibits.
I tried the different options and search the forum, but didn't find the solution.

my website:
sebastienpelon.com

I hope my explanations are clear
thanks for your help

Sebastien

arsondpi / 2013-01-25 12:22:40   

Hello there...

Why are you hardcoding things?
Edit your main/home section, click exhibit options, select Visual Index as your format, select section as your Media Source and voila: the first (or the cover image) of all the exhibits under your main/home section will appear as linked thumbnails to those exhibits.

Now if you do not want to have an index in your page and just the visual index simply go to Admin/Sections and click Edit in the sections you don't want to show up. Then switch Hide Section to On and hit Update.

If you do not want the #index div at all you need to edit it in the index.php of your template (Admin/Assets/template, index.php)

lebiniou / 2013-01-25 13:27:24   

Thanks for your answer,
My main section is already set as you describe (Index as format, section as Media Source) like I read on the forum before. But I don't understand how to link the thumbnails of the homepage visual index directly to the visual index of a section or an exhibit. In fact I would like my main/home to be a visual shortcut to exhibits and/or sections.
for example, I click on the thumbnail of the visual index of the homepage, and it display the visual index of my illustration section. Another thumbnail to an exhibit of my illustration section…

Sorry if I'm not so clear, I'm really new on building a website, and it's a complicated to explain it in english, I'm not sure to use the right words…
thanks for your help.

arsondpi / 2013-01-25 13:40:16   

The exhibits under the section are going to be automatically linked from their thumbnails. Just make sure that the on-click option in the section is not set to Unlinked.

lebiniou / 2013-01-25 14:07:53   

Thanks again for your answer,
the exhibit are set on permalinks and everything works fine when you click on it.
when you click on sebastienpelon.com/illustration/
it display the visual index and the exhibits are doing well.
I just would like to find a way (if it's possible) to access to the illustratio visual index or an exhibit of this section, just by clicking on a thumbnail (or an image) on the homepage, not on the section title.
thanks…

arsondpi / 2013-01-25 14:17:37   

...but that's what I already described above!

section (with Visual Index set as your format, select section as your Media Source)
exhibit 1 (text + image 1, image 2, image 3)
exhibit 2 (text + image 1, vimeo, image 3)
exhibit 3 (text + vimeo with cover image, image 2, image 3)

If section is set as I suggested then it will show linked thumbnails of image 1 of exhibit 1, image 1 of exhibit 2 and the cover image of vimeo of exhibit 3.

I don't know how else to explain this.

lebiniou / 2013-01-25 22:44:50   

Thanks for your help.
There must be something I don't understand, I think I did what you explained and it works well to link exhibits/thumbnails to their section, but not to link the thumbnail of a section to the visual index of another section which I intend to do...

arsondpi / 2013-01-26 08:48:12   

aha - now this makes sense.
That's more complicated. You need coding skills to do this with php.
Otherwise you can hardcode this to your text area (but again coding skills are needed)

lebiniou / 2013-01-28 10:00:32   

Ah, that's my luck ! Thanks for your answer.
If anybody has an advice, a tutorial, something to help me I would appreciate… :-)

This thread has been closed, thank you.