How to delete and reorder default index items

andylimpet / 2013-02-03 15:27:54   

Hello,

I would like to know how to delete an index item - its the "about" section which
is also the home which also has the same content as my landing page.

andrewlimpet.com

I also would like to reorder some exhibit items so they are in some logical order.
For instance all getty images designs should be grouped together.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Andy

arsondpi / 2013-02-03 15:39:32   

First you have to set your main page: edit the exhibit that you want to be your new landing/main page, click page options and under the Make main page select On.
Then go back to the Index of all your exhibits.
Edit the one you want to delete and on the right hand side of the page (under Options) you'll see a bin/trash icon. Click it and you've deleted this page.

To change the order of the exhibits, go the Index of all your exhibits and click-drag'n'drop the exhibit from its name.

andylimpet / 2013-02-03 16:58:08   

Many thanks for all the tips thats great :)

Unfortunately I can't seem to find the bin/trash icon under Options so I hid the pages from the Index.

I managed to click drag and drop and reorder the index - the selection was a little difficult and clunky but at least I know and many thanks.

Also theres a year 2013 that cannot seem to remove from the index and spoils the page. Is there anyway of getting rid of it?

Vaska A / 2013-02-03 18:17:22   

Hiding and trashing are two different things...

You probably have 'chronological' mode turned on for one of your sections - simply set it to default.

This thread has been closed, thank you.