Organizing Sections

shouldercat / 2013-02-09 07:38:05   

Hi,
This probably has a really easy solution.
I'm just getting started on Indexhibit and don't really get how to get my index looking like other people's indexes. I want there to be a main section that is not a link with subsections that are links. How do I make my main sections not a link?
tobypikelin.com ----> Eg. I want VIDEOS to not be a link.
Any help would be great!
Thanks!

shouldercat / 2013-02-09 07:39:14   

The link didn't work: tobypikelin.com/

arsondpi / 2013-02-09 10:38:27   

If you mean that you want the VIDEO section not to be a link then simply unpublish it.

shouldercat / 2013-02-10 03:00:48   

Ok cool! That worked! Thank you so much. I knew it was going to be shamefully easy.
Do you now know how to make the hand cursor go away so that it's just the regular arrow cursor? It's not that important but it would be nice.

arsondpi / 2013-02-10 06:58:17   

Add the following to your style.css

1. #index ul.section span.section_title, #index ul.section span.section_title a {
  2. cursor: default;
  3. }
shouldercat / 2013-02-14 07:46:47   

Hey thanks for being so helpful!
I'm a real rookie at this so I don't know what you're talking about. Where is this style.css?
Would that be in my FTP application?

I also want to be able to change the font size of my index titles and I saw css being mentioned when I looked it up. I tried changing font size by adding this css code I found on a website to the actual title but I know it's the wrong way of doing it. There are some weird things that happened as a consequence. Can you guide me at all in that too?

Thank you so much!

shouldercat / 2013-02-14 07:49:56   

Ok, I found the style.css in my FTP application but I don't know how I add the code to it...

arsondpi / 2013-02-14 08:01:55   

You can either use a code/text editor download it, edit and re-uploadit
or
you can login to your backend click the Admin link on the top right and then the Assets tab.
style.css is under the theme section of this tab.
Edit it and click the disk (save) icon on the top right.

This thread has been closed, thank you.